Confused in Goldcrag

txmimi

Ok, so I'm wandering around Goldcrag with several quests pending here. As I understand it, Redbeard said to convince the Pact commander to help in the war, but also to make allies of one of the warborn. But the only way to get the Pact commander to help is by killing two of the warborn leaders.

Are these mutually exclusive efforts?

I've chatted with the duchess of the wretches. . .if I decide to kill her, won't the rest of the horde come to her defense?

Any tips will be appreciated. .

There are three Warborn groups and you only need to kill the leaders of two of the three. You have the option of making an alliance with the third group, but you don't need to do so. The alliance option allows you to avoid a messy fight.

Killing any group leader, telling them that they are pests, or telling a leader that you definitely won't make an alliance will make that group hostile. All that means is where the fight starts.

All the leader fights are hard especially on higher difficulties than normal, but they can be done. Just be sure to check on the monsters' blessings each round before attacking since some can be painful.

Especially on torment difficulty, the ogre leader and titan bodyguards get blessings like reflection (against spells), spine shield, and blade shield (against melee weapons) that cause an attacker to also take damage. If you move the cursor over a monster or party member, you get to see their status with blessings and curses.

For the ogre leader fight, use consumable items. A speed burst scroll at the start to get extra attacks, battle potions to regenerate, use wands and scrolls to do area attacks on swarms of summoned monsters. It's a hard fight and treating it like the other fights in that zone just means a dozen reloads.

• 1 year later...

How to get the achievement ''Bad choices'' ? I try to talk to the Ogre leader but no matter where I go and I got all the ogres turning hostile... Can't find an alternate way to him.

EDIT: the ogre leader stays peaceful even after having killed all his tribe !

Edited by Guillaume