Avadon 3 - general discussion

Rhinestone Jedi

• 4 months later...

I finally had time to start the game the other day. Great seeing Nathalie and Khalida again.

Last night I had a dream that I was cleaning a house, and Khalida was helping me... she kept forgetting where all the dishes went and I was getting annoyed. Then I went in the bathroom and saw a bottle that said "Hand Sanitizer" and thought it was the funniest thing ever and thought if I sprayed some on her, it might help her memory issues. But she didn't get it.

• 2 months later...

I think being a map completionist (wanting to kill all the hostile things and exploit every possible nook of map that I can reveal) is making the game take a lot longer than it could, though that seems to ring true for any SpidWeb game. It's easy to lose track of time just tooling around... and alas that I dont have as much time to play it. I started in January and I just now had the arena become available (but haven't gone in yet). If I can say one thing for Jeff's games, the amount of time I spend exploring easily justifies the price of entry, even when I only do one playthrough... though I usually do two.

Now then. Last night I dreamt that I saved some humans from a wretch camp near Goldcrag and one of them was James Taylor, and the dialogue choices when talking to him affected whether the music in the epilogue was happy or sad. However, if you didn't bother with him at all, instead he told a story about two wretches and started singing "Livin' on love" ... which is actually a country song by Alan Jackson from the 90s.

I just completed my first playthrough... at last. I bought the game within moments of its release but just had a crazy busy past year. For what it's worth I did it on Torment and explored every small piece of map, so on top of being busy IRL, it was a (worthwhile) slog of a game. I'm going to play through the ending sequences a few times to see different endings. I played as basically a sycophantic Redbeard loyalist. Besides earning all my followers' trust. Which apparently

was enough points against me to not be allowed to become a Heart. Oops.

. After I tinker through a few endings, I'm going to do another playthrough on casual just to experience the story of playing the opposite way.

And then I'll try out the Bovine and a few other mods. Whatever will tide me over until Ruined World comes out.

I have some post-game thoughts but I didn't tag the thread title as potential spoilers so bear with me.

I missed being able to buy a house. With the home base changing so much, it would have been nice to have one dedicated place to store my heap of wands, runestones, gems, etc.

If Miranda's form was so insubstantial that I couldn't even strike her, perhaps there should have been a way to prevent Redbeard's infection... especially since if the ending goes his way, it reads as though he was able to keep it at bay anyway.

I would have liked to see Svorgald.

And okay, the Wyldrylm has a legitimate concern. Why did I have to spend two and a half games thinking they hate me and I'm destroying their culture because of tolls.

And anyway, bearing the series in mind, here's my revised map of the world: