Avadon 3 - Are Hard Level Caps In (Again)?

mikeprichard

Sorry if this is already answered somewhere in the traditional Strategy Central extravaganza, but are hard level caps in for Avadon 3? I'm trying to decide whether to start a playthrough over the next few weeks, or just wait for a sale in a year or so, as the implementation of the caps in the previous games really put me off. Cheers!

OK, I just saw the below answer in Randomizer's "advice for players" thread. As long as I don't hit the level cap 2/3 of the way through the game as I did in Avadon 2 (I'm an OCD completionist who must do every side quest), I guess this is acceptable. Thanks again.

Characters are capped at level 30 just like Avadon: The Black Fortress. Also it takes more experience to go up levels so you reach the cap closer to the end. About a quarter of your experience comes from doing side quests, but if you are careful you can still get through the game without doing them on normal difficulty. Although you will miss out on lots of money and really good named items. Near the end not doing quests will lead to lower levels so you get more experience from those you do complete and the difference narrows. Jeff timed it so you reach level 30 just in time for the end.

It's been a while since I finished it but Jeff really has balanced out the game quite well. IIRC I reached L30 right before the end game section started (while doing most of the side quests (normal difficulty)). So while not perfect, it was nothing like hitting the cap like you did in the previous game.

Play it & enjoy, it really is a well done final chapter to the trilogy.

Well, if A3 is your favorite Spiderweb game (mine too...) then no, this won't turn out to be your new favorite. It is however a good, solid, fun game that is worth both your time & money (& at about $0.40/hr for play time you're probably not going to find a better bargain out there .... well, at least not until GOG runs a 80% off sale again....but I digress & besides, those 80% off games are 15-20 years old).

Enjoy, there's something cool/special about playing a new game from a favorite company, & this is a good one.