• Announcements

• Then and Where and Now and There and When

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chessrook44

Let's Play Avadon 3!

110 posts in this topic

That's right, the game's not even out for a day and I'm already doing my Let's Play of it. I did Avadon 1 and 2, and now I'm going to complete the trilogy. Feel free to join me, as I play! And if you wish to see the previous games, check them out here and here!

If you type "t" a box opens at the bottom with messages during combat about damage and when opening locked things.

It's been fun so far.

Quick on the uptake there chessrook. Good luck with it. This will complete the entire collection of Spiderweb for your channel will it not?

Quick on the uptake there chessrook. Good luck with it. This will complete the entire collection of Spiderweb for your channel will it not?

Almost, but not quite. Blades of Avernum remains (And I will do it after, alongside ALL the user-made levels I can find). There are also the Exile games and Avernum remakes, but I don't plan on doing them as that would basically be retreading old ground. Though if Geneforge is remade I may do that, simply due to the fact that I did my Geneforge LP when I was still young and inexperienced in LPing, we'll see.

We begin our first mission... a quick effort, followed by even more familiar faces.

Good section, but you missed a few minor things. The west end of the workshop had some minor things on the ground and you might have missed some random drops on your way in to clean it that are hard to see. Some items that you skipped are worth a few coins like fine tunic, coal sacks, weapons, and incense. They really add up in the beginning.

Also you missed two hidden switches back in the first store rooms. Now that you know Jeff created a new type to get sneaky.

We've explored the town, now it's time to enter its fortress and speak with the leader of the Stead, to find out what they want.

With the Stead explored we move on to the region outside of and around the Stead. So close to civilization there's so much danger... isn't that the way?

Trupo's Outpost. I can respect the idea behind it, but something about this place feels exploitable...

Into the center of Four Circles we go, to try to find any information we could possibly get.

We report back in at Nightshade, to have a talk with Redbeard... and someone else...

Man, I'm really hoping we don't have a repeat of what happened in the first Avernum...

Kirik-Tor is both more friendly and less friendly than you'd expect. So let's avoid the less friendly part and get to the more friendly part.

Sometimes, pests need to be cleaned out, even if others don't ask for it. And sometimes, pests have two legs.

The Wizard's Staff was dropped by Daum when he surrenders.

Some of the others like the Svorgald's Saber were quest rewards. Keep checking back after each quest for other good stuff.

You don't often find a fort with walls made of plants... and yet, here we have one.

Sometimes, making a dragon behave doesn't actually involve stabbing it repeatedly.

There's a reason so many Hands have a healing ability. You are suppose to use it.

Also some monsters can easily one shot you.

Regarding the drake - It's fun to stick the pointy end into things.

Blxz likes this

The Corruption expands, and we move on to peer into the new border between it and the Wyldrylm.

Damaging terrain seems to heal as fast as you take in outside of combat.

Damaging terrain seems to heal as fast as you take in outside of combat.

More that Damaging Terrain puts a damaging debuff on you, and it appears damaging debuffs don't harm you more than you heal outside of combat. Which is handy.

Hey, the guy WANTED to be killed! And frankly we were there to kill him anyway...

When a hostile malevolent force that affects the very land around it tells you to do something... it's wise to listen.

Despite the supposed chaos of the Corruption, the region around Monitor Base C doesn't seem THAT different...

We may have finished our main goal, but others still require our assistance. So allow us to provide...

Finally, after a surprising amount of time, we return to the fortress of Avadon. Let's see what's going on there, shall we?

Through the Avadon Dungeons we go, clearing out a few issues as we talk to the inhabitants.

Always good to see old names... and here's another, still doing what she always did.

Mainly just doing some exploring around Avadon this episode. Good to see a lot of it is still like it used to be. Layout-wise that is.