Where can I get original Nethergate?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic
Tyranicus Tyranicus

Dollop of Whipped Cream

• Member ID: 4,151
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationShadowvale

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:04 AM #36 Where can I get original Nethergate?

View PostRandomizer, on 03 September 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

Also that's his only game that was CD-ROM only for getting the full game at the time.

Blades of Exile was available only on CD as well.

View PostRandomizer, on 03 September 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

N:R was faster to produce since most of the text was from the original and the game used a modified Avernum 3 game engine.

It used the Blades of Avernum engine, actually.
"There are less fortunate people out there who can't sit in a chatroom and complain about privilege. You should check your privilege-checking privilege." —Dintiradan
BoA Scenario DatabaseSpiderweb Music DatabaseNethergate Graphics RewindAvernum Side Quest ListExile & Avernum for Intel Macs

kuniqs kuniqs

Citizen

• Member ID: 18,504
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:12 AM #37 Where can I get original Nethergate?

Having now enough experience for an educated opinion, I say N:R is unequivocably better than N:O. I say the same about A3 and E3.

I love the way armour works in the remake. The % values are simple, yet ingenous.

Gharbad the handsome Gharbad the handsome

Citizen

• Member ID: 13,819
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:04 PM #38 Where can I get original Nethergate?

View PostTriumph, on 03 September 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

In case there was any remaining doubt how Jeff feels about someone distributing Nethergate, we can now say that as of 3 September 2016, the answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Didn't Jeff say that in response to someone offering Nethergate Resurrection and not the original Nethergate?

Apparently it all started when someone tweeted him something like "I just bought nethergate resurrection and its already abandonware", so it's hard to say if Jeff is willing to release the original version of it unless someone asks him about the right version.

Lilith Lilith

in before the apocalypse

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 669
  • 19,823 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:49 PM #39 Where can I get original Nethergate?

View PostGharbad the handsome, on 05 February 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

Didn't Jeff say that in response to someone offering Nethergate Resurrection and not the original Nethergate?

Apparently it all started when someone tweeted him something like "I just bought nethergate resurrection and its already abandonware", so it's hard to say if Jeff is willing to release the original version of it unless someone asks him about the right version.

An acquaintance of mine from another forum asked him specifically about original Nethergate a while ago and he made it very clear that it's a no-go. Sorry.

Triumph Triumph

Wrapped in Light

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 6,248
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:31 AM #40 Where can I get original Nethergate?

View PostGharbad the handsome, on 05 February 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

You are entirely incorrect. I saw the website in the question back when this happened. The game was original Nethergate. The distribution of original Nethergate is unquestionably what Jeff was condemning.

"Dikiyoba didn't know what to say for your negatives, Triumph. Dikiyoba supposes you must just be that awesome." - Dikiyoba
"Triumph == Santa Claus? This explains... nothing." - Dintiradan
"Per usual, Triumph said it better." - Slarty

Gharbad the handsome Gharbad the handsome

Citizen

• Member ID: 13,819
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:28 AM #41 Where can I get original Nethergate?

?????? I am certainly not incorrect the tweet is still there for everyone to see.

Ben Massey ‏@Lord_Bob  3 Sep 2016
@spiderwebsoft: I literally bought Nethergate Resurrection off Steam today. Now I learn it's abandonware. Wasted five bucks!

There may have been some separate incident involving the original, but jeffs tweet is clearly in response to resurrection.

Tyranicus Tyranicus

Dollop of Whipped Cream

• Member ID: 4,151
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationShadowvale

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:45 AM #42 Where can I get original Nethergate?

View PostGharbad the handsome, on 13 February 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

?????? I am certainly not incorrect the tweet is still there for everyone to see.

Ben Massey ‏@Lord_Bob  3 Sep 2016
@spiderwebsoft: I literally bought Nethergate Resurrection off Steam today. Now I learn it's abandonware. Wasted five bucks!
There may have been some separate incident involving the original, but jeffs tweet is clearly in response to resurrection.[/background][/font][/color]

That tweet was a reply to Jeff's tweet. Note the timestamps:

Posted Image

Posted Image
"There are less fortunate people out there who can't sit in a chatroom and complain about privilege. You should check your privilege-checking privilege." —Dintiradan
BoA Scenario DatabaseSpiderweb Music DatabaseNethergate Graphics RewindAvernum Side Quest ListExile & Avernum for Intel Macs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users