Do later games explore GeneForge 1's Secret? MAJOR SPOILERS

So I've finally decided to replay GeneForge 1 and go through the effort of touching all the stone pillars.

And I found the lore behind the Shapers and Sucia to be incredibly fascinating. How the Shapers went from shooting magic radiation at their enemies to give them cancer to discovering Genes and self-sealing (although not many people know either fact)

I love the irony when the Shapers denounce the natives as backwards savage, only to not only be their descendants but some have also repeated the Sucians' mistakes (attempting to transcend death via necromancy).

I'm sad that there wasn't more lore. Are there any more explorations of Shapers' history in later games? I hope I was missing something.

I still don't understand this stone pillar thing. What are they and where are they?

Are they scattered on different maps or the same map?

Asking questions in this forum tends to be a waste of time since the old guard have a certain way of looking at things and rarely share but on the off chance someone is willing to actually consider expanding my experience of the game I'd appreciate some more specific details on the matter.

There is one stone pillar in each of certain zones that if touched in order will allow you to enter an area in the northwest city without taking damage. For more I'd have to dig out my Hint Book since I can't remember the rest.

From Matt P.'s Guide:

THE GREAT SECRET:

Sigh. All right, I'm not going to give this one away. For one, you

don't get anything really all that good out of it (at best, a pair of

magic boots). Start in the Drayk's vale. Touch the pillar-

and-

Travel Clockwise.

That's all for now (if there is enough desperation, I'll say more), and

that's all I should have to give.

Thanks for the quick update. I've read that part before and I'm still not sure what I'm looking for. Travel clockwise is a pretty vague bit of information. But knowing that they are in different zones is a good start. I swear I must have walked around that map a huge number of times and struggled to figure out what I was doing.

I'll be back if I need more.

I still don't understand this stone pillar thing. What are they and where are they?

Are they scattered on different maps or the same map?

There are special pylons in Drayk's Vale, Ancient Crypt, Diarazad, The Junkyard, Dry Wastes, Western Wastes, and Warriors of the Wind zones. If you touch the pylon in each zone in the order I just listed, you can to the temple in the Spirit City zone and touch the pylon there to gain access to the temple and learn about the origins of the Shapers.

Asking questions in this forum tends to be a waste of time since the old guard have a certain way of looking at things and rarely share but on the off chance someone is willing to actually consider expanding my experience of the game I'd appreciate some more specific details on the matter.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience on these forums. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer to them, as long they are about games I know anything about.

I'm sad that there wasn't more lore. Are there any more explorations of Shapers' history in later games? I hope I was missing something.

I'm afraid you won't find anything in the later games that matches the depth of historical lore found in G1. As the series goes on, it gets more caught up in its own events and in the continuity between the games, rather than exploring background details in the way G1 does. There are bits of lore here and there, but no other games delve into the origins of the Shapers and Serviles in the way G1 does.

What to do and what you'll find are exactly what I posted above: There are special pylons in Drayk's Vale, Ancient Crypt, Diarazad, The Junkyard, Dry Wastes, Western Wastes, and Warriors of the Wind zones. If you touch the pylon in each zone in the order I just listed, you can to the temple in the Spirit City zone and touch the pylon there to gain access to the temple and learn about the origins of the Shapers.

If that doesn't answer your question, then I don't understand what you're asking.

I believe G5 has a few tidbits about the people who lived on the mainland before the Shaper invasion. That's the only other historical (pre-G1) lore I can think of, really.

What sort of info do they reveal?

As for the rest well there are a few mentions here and there (one in G5, another in G2) but nothing substantial. G1 has more info on the subject though.

I also really liked geneforge but I don't have the time anymore to go around clicking random pillars to find out how it works

Can someone please tell me what happens or how to do it ( u said ple so ple I am )

This is truly a huge spoiler, I really recommend doing the small ritual in-game yourself.

But, here it goes anyway ...

Once you have touched the pillars in the right order, you can enter the temple in Spirit's City. You will then be able to talk to the shade at the altar, who asks you to inspect one of the temple's side rooms. There you will find, to your astonishment, an ancient shaping platform. Then, you can talk to that shade again, who will now tell you the secret of it's people.

They used to be quite an advanced species who practiced science and magic alike. But, as time passed, they began to ponder life, and how it can be altered. That's basically the origin of the Shaping arts. The shade's people learned how to alter the essence of life within a being, and this allowed them to subdue the neighbouring peoples. Those changes weren't always bad, in the Sentinels area, you can find a being called Huestess, whose alterations give him immense powers.

Later, they learned not only to alter but also to mold the essence of life into new beings. Eventually, these Proto-Shapers then continued their conquest on the mainland, Terrestia.

The secret of the Spirit people is that the Shapers are their descendants. One can also conclude from this information that Serviles aren't actually created by the Shapers, but merely altered beings (just as Learned Darian suspects).

What sort of info do they reveal?

Several placenames in Astoria's province (Mera-Tev, Kratoa-Kel, etc) are from the language of the natives there. There are some characters with noticeable descent from the natives (IIRC the captain of the guard in Astoria's fortress). I believe there one tiny mention of the natives in the Storm Plains aswell and also Bennhold the Bandit is descended from the native population of the desert in Taygen's province. Not much is revealed.