• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
Edgwyn Edgwyn

Avernite Dervish

• Member ID: 10,154
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:22 AM #1 Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Maps

I have created a beta set of Maps for A:CS.  The maps should be sufficiently complete, but I do not have (nor did I try to have) every item that somebody might be interested in listed.  The maps are located at http://avernumthemaps.byethost7.com and I welcome feedback.

Triumph Triumph

Wrapped in Light

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 6,248
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:43 PM #2 Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Maps

Fantastic work! Maps are awesome, so thank you for adding more of them to the world!

Some quick comments:

On the Places page, there is a column called "Quests" and it has various numbers in it. Is that column supposed to represent something? The numbers appear to just count up as you go down the list, except some are blank, and have nothing to do with quests.

The Info page includes a link to Dungeons in the grid at the top, but doesn't have the link to Items. The Dungeons page has all the links. Every other page that I checked lacks the Dungeons link in the top grid. I was also a little confused at first how to get back to the main map from any of the other pages, before realizing I had to click the logo at the top.

Thank you - this must have been a ton of work!

"Dikiyoba didn't know what to say for your negatives, Triumph. Dikiyoba supposes you must just be that awesome." - Dikiyoba
"Triumph == Santa Claus? This explains... nothing." - Dintiradan
"Per usual, Triumph said it better." - Slarty

Edgwyn Edgwyn

Avernite Dervish

• 737 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:58 PM #3 Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Maps

Thank you.  

I have added a note to the Places page.  The number in the quest column is intended to indicate that those locations give quests and the others do not.

I have fixed the info page, the reference to a dungeons page was an artifact.  When I started, I had cities and dungeons separate, then later on I combined them into one.

I should probably add a note below the logo explaining that you need to click it to return, but since I need to do that on 150 different pages, I will tackle that later.

Sonic Sonic

New Arrival

• Member ID: 7,889
  • 2 posts
  • LocationThe Amusian South

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:08 PM #4 Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Maps

I just wanted to thank you for the maps. I've been playing through the new Avernum 2 for the first time, and I've enjoyed immensely going back to these maps once I've explored an area to double-check that, no, I still can't get over the lava by Garzahd's abode.

Galactic Maiden Galactic Maiden

Citizen

• Member ID: 9,257
  • 22 posts
  • LocationYharnam

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:51 PM #5 Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Maps

Bless! I'd been relying on maps from the old Avernum 2, which weren't always accurate. It's great to have fresh ones, thank you!!
"Of course I'm sane, when trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.”

Edgwyn Edgwyn

Avernite Dervish

• 737 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:02 AM #6 Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Maps

You are both quite welcome.  I am glad to hear that people are using them.  I am considering doing A:EFTP.  Someone else started a set, but it does not look like they ever finished.  They provided a lot more information and opinion than I do, but a lot of their maps refer back to A1 and Jeff moved some things around since then.

TriRodent TriRodent

Mercenary

• Member ID: 8,173
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:15 PM #7 Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Maps

Let me add my thanks too.  Having decided to once again do some spelunking while waiting on Avadon 3 to arrive, finding that someone has done some recent cartography was a nice surprise to stumble across.

Kudos

Foumantoo Foumantoo

Citizen

• Member ID: 18,762
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:05 AM #8 Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Maps

Great Job on this really helpful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users