• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
misto misto

New Arrival

• Member ID: 18,608
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:10 PM #1 the poor prospector near tower of magi area

in avernum 4

hello. he is the one who has been brainwashed to point you towards the vahnatai trap in the sulfur zone caves. it was a hard fight but i escaped from the trap and killed the vahnatais. but when i returned to him, he is still brainwashed, poor fellow. i tried casting unshackle mind next to him and it seems to not have done any good.

is there any way to help him? does it come up later? i havent tried visiting almaria yet

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,882 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:25 PM #2 the poor prospector near tower of magi area

It's just another scripted encounter designed to point you to a certain event.  It doesn't matter unlike some where killing the NPC can cause problems later in the game.

Some players and if you go back far enough in the topics you can find their names, will kill anyone where they won't be seen.  This can cause problems.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software.  Please leave your sanity at the door.  Put in the jars next to any empathy you feel for NPCs.  :)
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

misto misto

New Arrival

• Member ID: 18,608
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:34 PM #3 the poor prospector near tower of magi area

thank you for your answer. at least it will be good to be able to proceed without doubts about leaving him behind since theres nothing to be done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users