"Low" budget horror films.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic
Owenmoz Owenmoz

Shadowwalker

• Member ID: 17,190
  • 459 posts
  • LocationNairobi, Kenya

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:04 AM #1 "Low" budget horror films.

So after facing myself with my vcrs for "Anaconda"; "Predator 2", "Jeepers creepers(1&2)" "Jason X" amongst few other slasher horrorish films i came to realise they are quite entertaining really. Because of reasons. Still im here to collect recomendations on such films. Not necessarilly good horror films. Entertaining slashy light low budgetish kinda movies. Can have a horrible story and terrible dialogue so long as they are entertaining.  I suppose thats what im looking for. Although feel free to give recomendations on outsanding ones. Im never one to shun those, just not sure why im really feeling these crappy lovable movies right now

Valtio Consil Valtio Consil

Citizen

• Member ID: 6,858
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:41 PM #2 "Low" budget horror films.

Night Claws. The best worst only low-budget sasquatch horror movie you'll ever need. Howling 2 is the same, but with werewolves. It gets bonus points because Christopher Lee is in it!

Owenmoz Owenmoz

Shadowwalker

• 459 posts
  • LocationNairobi, Kenya

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:50 PM #3 "Low" budget horror films.

Down on the list! Never heard of either but i'll get them asap. The reviews look promising!
On another line; some movies such as scream and american werewolf in london are sorta made purposelly bad/good; i want those too.

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,882 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:05 PM #4 "Low" budget horror films.

Army of Darkness, the third in the Sam Raimi's Evil Dead series starring Bruce Campbell is the best of the lot before they went on to better things.  Low budget and old fashion special effects with plenty of blood and other fluids squirting out to make it funny.  You can usually find them in a bargain bin.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

Upon Mars. Upon Mars.

Tinkermage

• Member ID: 4,796
  • 812 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:02 AM #5 "Low" budget horror films.

Doc of the dead, a zombie documentary about zombies by redletter media is great low budget zombie film.
It doesn't have the ''this is my boom stick'' sequences from army of darkness but it has it's moments.
Documentaries: -Rod Serling on censorship -One pair of eyes BBC documentary -Philosopher Philippe Muray on today's unfreedom in the west.

Other links: -A geneforge walkthrough in Japanese. -War of the worlds. Fan-fic @: http://geneforgeremaker.webs.com/

macdude22 macdude22

Monitor

• Member ID: 4,942
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:54 AM #6 "Low" budget horror films.

Much to the chagrin of my wife I'm a frequent shopper at the low budget garbage sections of Family Video and Netflix.

Anything by the Asylum is entertaining.

Here's a couple more of my favorites

Pro Wrestlers vs Zombies
Hell Night
Brain Damage
Monsters (though more scifi than horror)
Ginger Snaps
From Beyond
Splinter
The Dentist (Corbin Bernsen is great in this)

If you really want to torture yourself find some old VHS copies of Moontrap and Xtro. Or Street Trash. Street trash is something everyone should see once. Or never. Not quite sure on that one.

Owenmoz Owenmoz

Shadowwalker

• 459 posts
  • LocationNairobi, Kenya

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:10 AM #7 "Low" budget horror films.

I havê started The list. Exceeds expectations só far. Thanks folks!

Guardian Guardian

New Arrival

• Member ID: 6,540
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSucia Island

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:11 AM #8 "Low" budget horror films.

I'm a fan of Jeepers creepers to because of Justin Long.

Alice in murderland (2010)
Tangerine (2015)
Some kind of hate (2015)
Hansel vs. Gretel (2015)
Hansel & Gretel: warriors of witchcraft (2013)
Alyce Kills (2011)
Hellgate (2011)
House of good and evil (2013)

Spukrian Spukrian

Soldier

• Member ID: 9,938
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:30 AM #9 "Low" budget horror films.

Don't get me started, the list is going to be so long... ooops, too late.

Spoiler

Note that some of these aren't ”low budget” and some aren't ”good”. Some were already mentioned by others, hope it doesn't bother you... I could write more movies, but I feel the list is long enough for now...

Juan Carlo Juan Carlo

Shaman

• Member ID: 8,051
  • 317 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:56 PM #10 "Low" budget horror films.

I really loved the 2005 film, "The Descent."  It's a strange combination of a spelunking film, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Aliens.  Didn't have much impact in terms of film, but the new "Tomb Raider" reboot ripped it off liberally, stealing its main plot arch and a certain scene where the main character is baptized in blood:

https://www.youtube....h?v=4mujk825LXk

The French also had a really great run of very nihilistic horror films in the 2000s.   My favorite of the lot was "Inside," about a woman stalking a pregnant woman.  One of the most intense thrillers I've ever seen:

https://www.youtube....h?v=YVGswuX42x0

Not really a slasher film at all, but the last truly great horror film I saw was "The Witch."  Worth seeing if you like horror:

https://www.youtube....h?v=iQXmlf3Sefg

Otherwise, too many to list.  I'd have to sit down and think some more.

Galactic Maiden Galactic Maiden

Citizen

• Member ID: 9,257
  • 22 posts
  • LocationYharnam

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:55 PM #11 "Low" budget horror films.

The Babadook (2014) is a low budget horror movie that is actually excellent and suspenseful.

Continuing Juan Carlo's mention of French horror films from the early 2000s, Haute Tension (2003) has a lot of, well... tension and a whole lot of gore. In fact I think most of the movie had to get edited out because it was so gross and extreme. (I, personally, thought it was awful but I mean if you want horrible movie reccomendations...)

Last Shift (2014) is a pretty fun bloody horror movie.

The ultimate horrible story/terrible dialogue low budget awfulness, though, goes to WolfCop (2014). Just... WolfCop.

"Of course I'm sane, when trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.”

Owenmoz Owenmoz

Shadowwalker

• 459 posts
  • LocationNairobi, Kenya

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:05 AM #12 "Low" budget horror films.

View PostGalactic Maiden, on 19 August 2016 - 11:55 PM, said:

The ultimate horrible story/terrible dialogue low budget awfulness, though, goes to WolfCop (2014). Just... WolfCop.

You may have killed me with this suggestion xD

Owenmoz Owenmoz

Shadowwalker

• 459 posts
  • LocationNairobi, Kenya

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:08 AM #13 "Low" budget horror films.

View PostSpukrian, on 13 August 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

Don't get me started, the list is going to be so long... ooops, too late.

Spoiler

Note that some of these aren't ”low budget” and some aren't ”good”. Some were already mentioned by others, hope it doesn't bother you... I could write more movies, but I feel the list is long enough for now...
I know at least half of these! Good stuff really. Its been ages!

Owenmoz Owenmoz

Shadowwalker

• 459 posts
  • LocationNairobi, Kenya

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:12 AM #14 "Low" budget horror films.

View PostJuan Carlo, on 18 August 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

I really loved the 2005 film, "The Descent."  It's a strange combination of a spelunking film, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Aliens.  Didn't have much impact in terms of film, but the new "Tomb Raider" reboot ripped it off liberally, stealing its main plot arch and a certain scene where the main character is baptized in blood:

https://www.youtube....h?v=4mujk825LXk

The French also had a really great run of very nihilistic horror films in the 2000s.   My favorite of the lot was "Inside," about a woman stalking a pregnant woman.  One of the most intense thrillers I've ever seen:

https://www.youtube....h?v=YVGswuX42x0

Not really a slasher film at all, but the last truly great horror film I saw was "The Witch."  Worth seeing if you like horror:

https://www.youtube....h?v=iQXmlf3Sefg

Otherwise, too many to list.  I'd have to sit down and think some more.

Most of these are actually good. Not the so bad its good kind. Like genuinely good. Thanks for the Suggestions. The witch was messed up.

Kennedy Kennedy

Monitor

• Member ID: 773
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:03 PM #15 "Low" budget horror films.

The Mimic series of films were fairly good, and one of the sequels (either 2 or 3) had an awesome twist at the end.

Owenmoz Owenmoz

Shadowwalker

• 459 posts
  • LocationNairobi, Kenya

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:42 AM #16 "Low" budget horror films.

Thats Guillermo del Toro. I'll get the director's cut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users