about geneforge 3

i finished the previous games - geneforge 1 and 2 and i read a guide by Matt P i think, saying that G3 has a lot of crafting options. i like crafting but when i first play i had 0 Luck and i got 3 platinum rings from thahds and i also got perfect fyora scale for crafting. but then i literally pushed my luck - i started game again with 3-5 luck but this time i didn't find any random item from monsters. simply nothing at all - no rings, no perfect fyora scale? also when i had 0 luck i saw this more times - the first wounded battle alpha in ruined school always gives me chain mail armor. and when i had more luck i always get chitin armor. why this man? so what i do now - do i have to reinstall?

Luck has nothing to do with item drops in Geneforge games. You may rarely get crafting items as drops from creatures, but the vast majority of crafting items are things you find, either lying on the ground or in containers, rather than coming from creatures you kill. So don't worry, just do lots of exploring and you'll be fine!

The drops are almost always totally worthless in the majority of the games. As Triumph said, the loot in crates is the good stuff.

As for luck, I am under the impression that it has no effect on item drops from monsters. So Zero luck vs 5 luck drops were literally unaffected and may have been your human brain trying to find patterns in the chaos.