• Announcements

• Then and Where and Now and There and When

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Propaganda

Saved games all gone. Windows 8.1. Avernum 1

3 posts in this topic

This is odd, I have not played for over a year and all my saved games disappeared and the game became unregistered. The saved game folder has folders for saved game but they are empty.

I doubt my saved games are to be found, but I want to prevent this in the future because I am going to play again over the Summer. Does anyone know what may of went wrong?

Windows 8.1, Avernum Escape from the Pit

Thanks.

The empty save game folders is due to starting the game without a previous save game folder existing.

The unregistered game is due to the preference file missing that contained the registration information.

Oh. I probably attempted to back them up and cut them instead of copying them. It was two years ago now. But that's OK, I am running Avernum Remix 1.1 and a new game is exciting now that I can have a solid ranged character!