Is it Possible to Magnify the graphics?

magnify tiny cant see blind ZOOM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
bakersofexile bakersofexile

New Arrival

• Member ID: 18,556
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:32 AM #1 Is it Possible to Magnify the graphics?

Is there any way to magnify the graphics in Blades of Exile by maybe x2 or something?  I always felt the Exile series' graphics were way too small when larger resolutions started to exist in monitors and now when I play BoE I've got like 90% empty window space and 10% actual game. lol  Plus my eyesight is a lot worse now than when I first got into Exile 2, so it'd be cool if I could magnify the game somehow.

Lilith Lilith

in before the apocalypse

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 669
  • 19,828 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:56 PM #2 Is it Possible to Magnify the graphics?

The easiest way would be to use a screen magnifier. If you use a recent version of Windows, there's one built in as part of the Ease of Access Center control panel.

bakersofexile bakersofexile

New Arrival

• Member ID: 18,556
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:35 PM #3 Is it Possible to Magnify the graphics?

Yeah I already thought of that, but it's kinda dodgy using that.  I guess I'll try tinkering with it some more.

On a semi-related note, I can't get OBoE to actually run stable on Windows 10 64-bit.  Some versions just crash on various options in the scenario editor I pick, or like BoE-Win-aecbea0.zip doesn't even have graphics show up for tile editing and in the main game the main command buttons don't even function.  Am I doing something wrong?

Celtic Minstrel Celtic Minstrel

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,296
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:18 PM #4 Is it Possible to Magnify the graphics?

A way to magnify the graphics 2x is planned, but requires a significant rehaul of the rendering process, and thus keeps getting pushed back.
Exile 2 Book of Items (I didn't create it, I just converted it to HTML.)

"Man, I know how you feel. I once spent an hour playing WordPad before realising that it was a text editor." – Thuryl

"Dikiyoba just hopes no one ever blows up Saturn. Getting those rings back into their proper position would take hours."

"—Alorael, who spells phoenetically. No matter how much his orthography is a wreck, intelligibility rises from the ashes."

"I've never played a Spiderweb game. I didn't even know SW made games until I saw this thread." —Nikki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users