Serviles and rogue serviles

Since nearly none of the serviles I've met in GF3-5 are actually directly under Shaper control... wouldn't it make them all rogue creations that just choose to follow the orders of Shapers?

And yet, there are instances that Serviles that have been loyal, "awaken" and become "free-willed" according to the text and the perception of Shapers\Serviles\Rebels. Which to be sincere, in most cases seems to be the case of "I decided to stop following orders!" rather than "HA! The supernatural control over my mind is broken!" case.

However... there are strange and rare instances when Shapers take control of Serviles and at one point Moseh (GF4) absorbs some Serviles. However, those exceptions could have different explanations. Like Shapers brainwashing and conditioning the weak (and independent) mind of Serviles as they could have done with humans. Or Moseh using magic and the weird machine the Serviles are connected to feed on them implying he could use that on others.

What do you think?

They are shaped as all creations into being dependant on shapers or other form of guidance. Same with magic etc.. That is made so that they don't go rogue. Along with the fact that the majority of menial work related serviles are shaped into not being smart. Which is why with enough leadership you can make most creations do your will. It also seems to cause them varying ammounts of discomfort to disobey their masters and the majority prefers doing their tasks as it makes them "happy" and gives them a sense of purpose.

I could explain further but i'd be majorly spoiling the first two games. But i like the analogy you made there :p

For logistical reasons, the Shapers don't want to have to personally oversee flocks of Serviles, so they have various workarounds. Servile Keepers are one, and frequently seen throughout G2-5, Creation Minds are another that come in from the very beginning. Most Serviles are given (just enough) independence and intelligence to do their jobs with a minimum of oversight, but obviously there are still those that go rogue.

I don't think it's ever said if Shapers breed their serviles in any deliberate way. Keep the crystal-polisher strain from mixing with the farmhand strain or something. Actually, it's kind of weird to think about, but do the Shapers really have that solid of an idea of heredity at all, or has their short-circuiting of that particular idea stopped them from learning much about it?

Wait what? Servilles form long-term relationships? Is that in GF1 only and the isolated for centuries servilles or it's everywhere? Cause I haven't seen a Serville in 3 games talking about his or her mate. Which, with Unbound, Shaper armies, Rebels, diseases etc ravaging the land should have made an appearance. Serville families breaking up by the rebellion as some join and others are transferred would be interesting quest.

I'm unaware of other examples from 2-5 but in G1 there are a few that mention relationships. Some have lost loved ones and mourn or ask for guidance (alignment questions) while others are openly hostile or deranged after a loss.

Sure there must be other examples through the other games but my mind is drawing a blank right now.

Ok, most serviles are born and the shapers dont pay much atention to how they breed. But there is continuous mention of servile strains and more than once they noted miners and builders and menial work related have a harder time speaking etc etc...

I think serviles bond everywhere. There should be other examples. I just cant remember any besides reiner and sandia and not really the best example. Back to what i was saying even if a shaper doesnt selectivelly breed serviles. Situationally the cross breeding between strains would be rather low. Since miner serviles would be in a mining camp and rarelly find a scribe servile there. Sure mixing can occour in ocasions. Specially with freeborn serviles. What is weird is how after g1 you never see a servile care center again. It might have helped better understand the whole thing.

The main spoiler on it however was;

Serviles in sucia continued obeying the shapers long after they were gone. The takers even state that they killed the first taker for saying their situation was unfair. The obeyers continued obeying the shapers even when the player arives. And mind you in sucia the heavilly dependant serviles were killed off through natural selection. So only the more independent ones survived. And passed on their genes. And even from those independent ones there were some that chose to keep following the shapers. So while i wouldn't say supernatural brain grip it is very close to that. Which is why shapers take them for granted. The only shocking example of serviles acting otherwise was in gull's island. But even then they were amazingly discontent and heavilly influenced by free born serviles.