YC Promotion

Does anyone still play Exile 3?

I remember when I was a kid, I crashed my computer 3 times because of this game. I am really addicted and remember losing all my saved files since Golem Factory. Took me alot of effort, (following the cheats) guide, so I was wondering if anyone else have finished the game. Or could someone upload their saved file to me so I can see what it looks like after completing all the mission. I really want to see the last mission as well, so it would be nice if you guys can tell me what happened in the end. Whoever developed the game can you or is there a way to cast infinite spells. I know this Exile 3 have an editor program that allows you to save and refill the cast and health, it is very annoying to save and open from one program to another. I have been searching on google for a long time now and still can't find an answer, so I thought this form could help.

This question is posted in 2016, I am waiting for a response.

Thanks guys

Can't get it to work on my current computer...well, without mucking about with virtual machines which i could do but seems like too much effort.

But had played it through a few times back in the day, always using the editor after reaching the golems or alien beasts because it seemed to get impossible otherwise.

As for maximum spells, you can use the editor to give people lots of rings of magery, which is a 50(ish) charge item that replenishes your mana. And though the editor was annoying to have to keep using, you can have both programs open at the same time, and just switch from one to the other, though it warns you against that.

It is also strange that every time I save a file on my computer the game has a few second delay when moving the character. I remember my computer was really slow, and was easier to identify problems especially lag. So I had to restart my PC in order to keep up the original speed in the game. 3 of my computer ended up with blue screen, and all happened during the game play. I think mainly because, I saved too much and the electron within the hardware repeated itself which eventually damaged it. Have your computer ever had these sort of problems like mine.

There is another question I want to address, why was the screen within the game (Exile) so tiny? Looking at a small screen from a monitor really hurts and especially with the same pattern of colour.

Yeah true, PC was not advanced back then, so was the monitors and that's why it was tiny.

Is there an Exile App, that could be played on (iPhones) iOS or Android? If not, will there be an app for Exile in the future and will it ever be released?

Has anyone here finished the entire game? I was watching Exile 3 walk-through guide on YouTube and they stop making video anymore because they find it too long to complete and did not really know what they were suppose to do.

I'm still not sure what the ending is like, but I'm guessing that they destroyed all the monsters and saved the world? If I could remember in Exile 2, the blue path located at the bottom of the original castle had more places to walk to, but Exile 3 don't, rather it has less pathways or was it my memory problem? What happened? Exile 3 opened a new pathway at the top of the default castle leading leading to a ruined world.

You know when you opened the game in main menu, if you wait for a bit the screen on the right side plays itself like a demo. Does anyone know where (inside the game) is the demo located.

I remember murdered an old man (by accidents because I didn't know who he was), who I was suppose to report back to after I stole one of the script from the Golem Factory, the old man was important and he was the key to pass the level. And so I screwed up to game. Yeah forgot to backup. I screwed around exile and later my PC crashed.

You don't have to stop the plagues as such. You have to stop either the slimes or the roaches to get into the 3 big cities. I think you have to get into Lorelei to be able to finish the game, there's a spy there you talk to. But the troglo/giant problem doesn't have to be solved, and definitely not the golems, I often skip that one cause it soon becomes a painful grind, even using the editor. You don't have to do anything about the little minor monster issues. I like how there are other monster "plagues" that are completely coincidental (excepting that resources are stretched by the other ones), but the Empire doesn't know this.

You do stop the ultimate cause of the plagues (or at least drive it away). Exile gets to settle in that place in the SE with the special encounter about how nice things are.

The demo is totally unrelated to the game itself.

As for getting an updated Exile...excepting Avernum (or the other one, also called Avernum), not likely. BoE, OTOH, that got open-sourced so there are modern versions that work fine, and you can run the official scenarios and the other ones.

I have defeated from Slime to Cockroaches to Giants and troglodytes (I think) but could not finish the golem. It was really difficult especially the processor line inside the factory that looked like a maze. You can't go backwards unless using spells, you'll have to press "wait" to move one step forward. And was pain in the ass, I think the golem wasn't effected by the process line.

Ok, the demo is unrelated.

Yeah! They released only one App.

Dealing with the giants/troglos involves going way east, through a tunnel, dodging moving walls, fighting a doomguard and smashing a crystal to remove two barriers and letting giants and troglos in to fight (if the doomguard is still alive it joins one side).

Yeah, the giant maze on the conveyor belt, miss your turn off and you get dumped in the lava or something. Most likely several times.

Just fighting the golems is hard enough, they are tough, resistant to things and spit fire or cold or acid. Either of those two things would stop the game being fun, both at once at it's a struggle to get through.

Don't remember being able to use spells to go back, and I think the monsters were affected same as you, though.

You can get it to work on a modern computer VERY quickly without having to deal with "windows XP mode". All you have to do is download DOSBOX (I prefer the SVN versions) and then download windows 3.1 from somewhere. There should be a preinstalled zip on 3.1 out there somewhere. Then set DOSBOX for (I think) a SVGA ET4000 (?) adapter by editing the ini config file, then set windows to 1024x768 SVGA (if you use the default adapter it will either say can't load it or will have a garbled screen). After that, set up your soundblaster 1.5 by adding it as a device in windows and exile 3 will work.

Sorry for the late reply, I spent 5 hours trying to get Exile to work on my 64 bit Windows 10. Here's what happened in the last 2 days. I installed virtual box then installed 32 bit Windows 7. The result was fine but Windows inside the virtualbox but could not read USB. So I had to use a DVD disc then clean the DVD disc into storage (that it could be used to store files) format. Then copy the Exile installer and pasted it in the disc...wait for it to burn it in...eject disc...Then open virtual box and inserted my Disc in and finally read it. I was like yes! So I installed it...and when you get to play the game, it lags. (Very very laggy) So what I did after was I installed Windows 7 32bit onto my Windows 10 64 bit (without having to restart). When complete, you are then required to restart. As soon as your computer starts up, there is a black screen that gives you two choices, Windows 10 or Windows 7. So I entered Windows 7...after all the set up, I installed the game and worked fine.

The game sometimes won't respond (frozen) so I had to end its process. Yeah, I started all over again. Now I am at Giants stage.

I have a question during the gameplay in Exile 3. Before finishing the cockroaches, the last thing I had to do was to blow up the centre. There were flames coming right out. According to the cheat I should exit the cockroach cave, so I used the Exile editor and saved my location outside of the cockroach cave. When I got out of the cave there were no more cockroach entrance. (This means I destroyed and completed it)

BUT. As for the Slime, there were no flames exploding and the entrance is still there. Does that mean I still have not completed it? (I destroyed all the 5 Slime pools.

Thanks Falkentyne, I was wondering if the DOSBOX lag? Because the game lagged in when played in virtual box.

The cockroaches and slimes are finished differently. Once you destroy all 5 pools, you can go through into the centre, fight a monster in there and that's how you win (you also want to look for a secret passage to the north). BTW, there are 6 ways down into the lower level, but you don't need to find the secret one (accessed to the south west).

In any case, you'll know if you've done it when you talk to Anaximander.

(That sounds like quite a bit of work to get E3 running)

lol, where is the Libras-squiggles quest?

Between Libras and Squiggus, on the extreme south east of Valorim. There are undead in the way, and gremlins and so on towards the north end. You might have passed that way en route to the hidden cave with the moving walls from the Troglo-Giant quest, unless you went the other way of south around the mountains.

It's also near where you can get the Mithral broadsword. Or two if you don't give the guy in the Inn of Blades his mithril, 3 if you don't want the sword from the dragons, I guess.