• Announcements

• Attribute to Valor

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fatman

Location of Macintar?

14 posts in this topic

In Exile 3, I am trying to buy the Kill spell and the hintbook said it can be purchased from Erika or Khoth or Macintar. Does anyone know where I can locate this Macintar?

Which game?

Sorry seems I forgot to add Exile 3 tag to my thread title.

I'm pretty sure he means Exile 3, but I have no idea who Macintar is. If you want the Kill Spell early on, Erika is your best bet. She can be accessed right after the first plague.

I'm curious about the Macintar person/place as I have finished the game many times and never encountered anyone or place with the name Macintar.

I searched a text dump. Macintar doesn't appear to be in Exile 3 at all... nor any similar-sounding name I can come up with. My guess is it ended up in the hints section as a weird typo -- maybe a text transposition in Word from Macintosh, Macintalk, or the like.

Can you try search the term "mac"? Maybe that will come up with some results. I would do it myself but I'm not sure how to check the text dump. I'm assuming it's inside those dat files but I don't have the right tools to open them.

At Dellston there is a Mage called Macitar, probably a simple insertion of an "n".

Hmm. Not sure how I missed that.

Looks like you need to deal with the Giants and Troglos before he'll sell, so Erika is still a lot easier to access.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was able to access Death Arrows from the stone circles from the start of the game but from what I remember Kill is a lot more damaging even though you can only hit a single target. Currently Death Arrows is doing a measly 10-20 damage each target.

I went to Dellston and bought the Kill spell from Macitar without ending a single plague or partaking in any giant/trog missions. Guess there's no restrictions to buy from him.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was able to access Death Arrows from the stone circles from the start of the game but from what I remember Kill is a lot more damaging even though you can only hit a single target. Currently Death Arrows is doing a measly 10-20 damage each target.

Yeah, Death Arrows is a spell I might sometimes use. Kill is a spell I'd very often use. For that matter, that monsters often use as well.