• Announcements

• Then and Where and Now and There and When

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Chessrook44

Let's Play Avadon!

94 posts in this topic

Through the rest of the Beraza Woods we explore.

As I said, please give me your suggestions for what I should use the runestones on. I have enough backlog to make it about a week, so you should see the results of your suggestions then. Let me know!

I save all runestones untill I'm nearly at the end of the game, then I choose the best runestones and use it on my favourite equipment. The rest I sell.

EDIT: Ok, I saw the episode and realized I should give more specific advice.

*For Jason, Sevilin and Shima:

- Give them runestones that enhance Strength and Dexterity.

- Put extra physical damage on their weapons (or maybe higher critical chance).

*For Nathalie:

- Give runestones enhance Intelligence.

- Give her extra resistance from physical attacks (or enhance Endurance for more HP).

*For Jenell:

- Give her extra Intelligence.

Bear in mind that I'm not a minmaxer so I don't know what's objectively the best runestones.

As an additional suggestion, put the more powerful runestones on unique type equipment. For example, a plus strength runestone on some magical armour would be a better idea than on a regular breastplate.

I do this with my runestones because I am normally much less likely to replace the other bonuses on that equipment right away but regular equipment becomes obsolete quite quickly.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll make use of them on my next recording session on Saturday.

Finally we invade the pits, to clear them out of- was that wall always there?

Further through the pits we go, to finally find the guy in charge of the whole place. Also I finally learn to use my consumables.

Once more, our mission completed, we report back to those in charge, as well as Avadon.

Back to the Farlands we go, to further investigate the strange things that happened out there.

We explore around the Khemerian fortress, seeking the creator of the beast... and whatever else we can find.

Out we head, to find Moritz'Kri hidden in his tower. Of course, before we go into it, we must storm the gates...

Past the gates and into the grounds, exploring the area around the tower of Moritz'Kri itself.

Into the tower of Moritz'Kri we go, to its highest heights and its lowest depths.

Back into the Kva, before we start the main things we have to do we hunt a few creatures the natives ask us to. Huh, that second one seems familiar...

Out into the White Plains, we go searching for our companion, to help Sevelin settle the ghosts of his past.

Back to our main quest, we have a short episode here as we go back to Zethron to find out what happened this time.

Onwards we go to explore lands held by the Titans... even though it's Wretch lands.

The Titans may be big and powerful, but no matter how big you are, eventually you will fall.

Into the keep of the titans we go, to find the information we needed, and finish off any titans that remain.

Back we go to Avadon once again, as we turn in our quests and find out what is next.

Back to Kellemderiel we go, to find out what's going on, and to go search for Nathalie.

A longer episode this time, not due to what happens, but due to discussing what has been happening.

Back into the Beraza Woods we go, to do a bit of exploration before we seek the bandits.

Further exploration through the Beraza Woods. All sorts of things hidden in here... let's find them all.

We join Shigaz as he hunts the bandits, in what rapidly becomes a mission of stealth.

Yanno, maybe we should send this guy to Avernum. He'd probably love it down there.

Back to Avadon we go once again... and our companions are having some very concerning thoughts...

The politics is what makes me enjoy the story more than e.g. the stories of the Avernum games. I guess I'm the opposite of you in this regard. The politics make the game feel more realistic than most other fantasy cRPGs I've played and that, in itself, feels like a breath of fresh air to me.

Back to Kellemderiel we go, to find Shima. This is not an easy decision to make.

There were so many places I could go... why did they force me to do this?

Okay then, all that depressing business is behind us, let's go work on making peace between two rival nations.

Despite being hunted by the entire country we're in, someone wants to help us out... but who?

A very short episode here, as I effectively get to a setup point.

Well, haven't had a two-parter in a while... into Castle Vebeaux we go, to find our way back to the portal.

Everything is going wrong! This wasn't supposed to happen until the second act, the first act is supposed to end optimistically!

Avadon in flames, its soldiers killed, a heart turned traitor... with so much going wrong, what is left to happen to Redbeard?

Thus ends Avadon, and I hope you guys enjoyed it! I certainly did. Join me next time for Avadon 2: The Corruption!

Triumph likes this