Let's Play Avadon!

Chessrook44

I have completed my Let's Play of the Avernum saga, so it is now time to move on to Spiderweb Software's next series... Avadon! And of course, we start with the Black Fortress. I admit, I know very little of the Avadon series, as I haven't played very much of it. So if anyone has any tips or suggestions, feel free to provide me with them!

That said, we begin and start getting used to the change in mechanics.

I will be following this.

Looking forward to this. I never liked Avadon or the skill trees but was intrigued by the story. Now I don't have to force myself to play it. :)

I don't really like the skill tree either, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the game. The thing I really like about Avadon are all of these moral conundrums you have to solve (like in Geneforge). Avadon also has a lot of political comentary that is actually somewhat relevant depending on how you interpret certain elements of the story, which I think is a nice touch.

Keeping up with this series so far. It's actually really interesting.

How are you planning on handling party members? Now that you have tested them all out will you be deciding on a permanent party or will you just mix and match as the fancy takes you from now on?

Mix and Match, for the most part. However I'm going to try to make sure one is related to the area (Sevilin for the Kva, for example) and one has training in lockpicking (because of course). Beyond that? Well we'll see.

Deeper into the forest we hunt the Shadow Beast, past living hunters and mazed forests.