G2 money question

Is money critical in this game? I know in Geneforge 1 there comes a point when looting is pointless as you can drain all the merchants and accumulate a ridiculous amount of unspendable cash after buying every skill offered.

I am in the first servile city, Medad and nonmember pricing for training is listed as exorbitant. Should I try for cheaper trainers (either other cities or through membership), or does it not matter as I'll eventually run out of things to buy anyways?

You won't be able to buy everything. Not a problem unless you're OCD ;)

Joining factions is def the way to go just be advised that doing so will cut off some of the other sects merchants for the time being. Also you can only leave Zak through joining another faction as he lacks the proper dialogue option. Which can make things awkward early on if you run out of merchants.

What kind of character are you building ?

The guardian with max parry. I'm not sure what I'm going to do after I max out parry, but I still have a few levels to go before I get there.

So you won't need to buy most spells and creations, you can probably also skip Brodus training, it's expensive and as a Guardian you won't save that many skillpoints. That leaves Krogst QA training which is 6k iirc and can be done regardless of prior investments so do it once you have QA nearly where you want it.

Battle Magic to get the speed spell is useful since the extra action points let you close and fight or get two attacks once you close. That's one reason that Agents are so effective as fighters.

Blessing Magic. Though it's going to take him a while to get to 100 spellenergy to be able to actually use speed.

• 1 month later...