A:EftP - Speedrun (1/3 endings)

Something I've been playing around with for a while. How quickly can you reach one of the three endings?

A few thoughts:

Levels: I've been trying this with the stat allocation exploit described by Alex, with a twist. If, for example, you reduced Intelligence to 1 at character creation through this exploit, when the character hits level 2 you can take the Improved Intelligence trait again and reduce Intelligence again. However, Intelligence stays at 1 and you get a free stat point. You can get all relevant stats up to 40 this way, depending on your patience. (I haven't been able to allocate points past 40 with this exploit or the editor.)

However, even with the exploit and on Casual difficulty, rushing to the endgame areas involves a lot of plinking away at enemies with chip damage. Doing a few sidequests helps immensely. Done without the exploit, levels would be a greater concern.

Ending: Grah-Hoth with the secret corridor trick is probably the fastest.

Party composition: With the exploit, Dexterity and Endurance handle survivability. The issue is optimising for damage output. On my last attempt I used 3 dual-wielding fighters and 1 priest for buffing, healing, and range. My rationale was that the good mid-game and late-game swords are easy to get, and melee damage scales better with limited levels (+3%/level Blademaster vs. +2%/level Spellcraft, and use of Mighty Blows and Backstab vs. Elemental Focus only).

Any suggestions?

P.S. Not going to discuss the difference between using the stat exploit and using the character editor. :p I might try this without the exploit sometime.

• 1 year later...

Welcome to the forums. Please leave your sanity at the door.

I haven't been doing it extensively and still don't have any runs I'd be proud of, but I have found that you can get infinite skill points as well as stat points. Take the Nimble Fingers trait, then click where the minus button would normally appear under Tool Use. Make sure to remove the Nimble Fingers trait afterwards so that you can use it again when you level up. You can only allocate 3 points per skill at level 1 and 1 point per skill per subsequent level. If you generate more skill points than you can allocate, you won't be able to commit changes. Since traits open every 2 levels, skill points should only be trained every 2 levels, to maximise the use of the exploit.

With both stat and skill point exploits, a singleton would be faster than a full party.

Enjoy your first playthrough. :)

Edited by wackypanda