A:EftP items value question

I noticed I have here and there some difficulties in evaluating useful/protection items criterias.

Assuming I sell most of the items and that I don't like to have a heavy bag full of alternative items, it's sometimes difficult to understand which is better, which is to discard and why.

An example:

Spectral robe

Value: 2000 Weight 5 lbs.

Armor: +10%

+5% to Energy Resistance

+3% chance to evade attacks.

+20% to Miind Effect Resistance.

Shining Silk Robe

Value 800 Weight 5 lbs.

Armor: +12%

+10% to Energy Resistance.

+10% to Fire Resistance.

+5% chance to evade attacks.

I instinctively estimate the Shining Silk Robe more useful, but the higher value in coins of Spectral Robe makes me think there is some criteria I do not understand. There are more items which comparison drive me crazy...

The coin values of items are frequently irrational. You're not wrong.

In this case, I would say that mental resistance is a lot more useful than the other resistances; it can make or break tough fights. However, since it's on a piece of armor with only 10% physical resistance, and spellcasters will have high mental resistance anyway, it's likely useless.

I understand. Coming to criteria, I elaborated a first hand selection of qualities, so when I write about "instinct" I refer to things like 1) items with no cut in hit percentage 2) items with percentage of escaping attacks 3) items offering high percent protection from phisical/magical damage. I am now running an unbalanced party with three Berserkers, two of them with dual wielding, one with pole weapons, and a superb ;) wizard/archer. It works well.

However, I have here another odd question: in many different playthroughs, I noticed that second character in line is always, and I mean always, more efficient than the first. No matter if I give the first (say, Aldous) the best weapons. Damage amount is less if compared to the second player (even if human like the first), I think I asked about this gap once and I was told it depends upon weapons and training. But, I tried different solutions and result was the same, isn't it odd?

Right. What I thought as an explanation was that second place is default for the Slith, and that maybe the program adds some strength there, due to the implied higher level of strenght of his race, that doesn't change even when you switch race. But, all right. Just my imagination then.

If you please, I am in need of help about a last question. I accidentally changed the order of entering combat (not the order of march).

I couldn't say how I did that. Now my wizard is first in line of combat and this is quite a disadvantage. How can I restore the previous order?

Thanks a lot! :)

Was your party action order in combat previously the same as your marching order? In your settings, there should be an option to lock party action order to marching order. If you turn that off, characters will act in an order based on skills such as Dexterity and Quick Action. If you don't want that, turn it back on.

Did I say "last question"? I am sorry.

I am stucked in Drath's maze, as usual.

I know there is a Randomizer's file or post where it is told the sequence of directions through portals to get to Drath level.

But, I don't find it here anymore, only the "click and go through eastern portal a number of times", that doesn't work.

After you use the east portal in any room, check the north wall. Keep using the east portal until you see a secret switch on the north-east side. Then use the switch. If the switch does nothing, use the east portal again. If the switch does something, you have opened the way to Drath.

This should happen after using the east portal 4 times, although it's possible to lose track.

Yes, thanks, but I already followed the exact same inctructions, let's say that when the switch does something, and not "a soft click", it doesn't open else than a southern exit to nothing. I know the way to Drath is north, but doesn't open even after about ten minutes of in and outs.

In other terms, I would need some basic directions to get out of here, i.e. N-E-W-E-E-E.