How to Fix the junk file filled bug?

lordhoff

OK, the junk bag says that each space is open but there is a picture of a dagger in every box and if you try to put something in, a message says that it's full. I can live with it but it is irritating. Any ideas on how to fix this? Closing and opening the game doesn't fix it.

EDIT: Reboot doesn't work either and I forgot to mention that this is AV-II TC.

I hope you have an earlier save from before the bug occurred, because the best solution is to reload to one.

Unfortunately, no - I generally only save three times then copy over saves and i save a lot (every battle) so I'll just have to not use the junk file.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:44 PM #3 How to Fix the junk file filled bug?

It's also reasonably likely that something else got messed up, the same time as the junk bag got messed up. Either the game saved data in the wrong place or your file got corrupted in some other way.

I haven't noticed anything but it may bite me in the butt yet.

Have you left the zone? The autosave changes when you leave a zone so it would be the last other save you could use.

I have; I just kept playing while things were working. Really, the main affect is slowing down sales since I have to relay from other characters before selling. After not knowing what obtuse item might be needed or might have value in the first play thru so thus hoarding, I now have a pretty good idea of what is truly junk and can be left behind so I haven't had to make any special trips back to the merchants due to lack of room.

My favorite way this was handled was in a game called "Stonekeep" - items were transferred into script on a scroll so even the kitchen sink could be carried in a pocket.

In A4 and earlier games where items in your pack contributed to encumbrance, but there was no junk bag, I used to use my own fake junk bag. I'd just keep a running tally of the approximate sale values of items I found that I didn't want to keep, and when I hit around 500, "iampoor." For me, it really facilitated the flow of the game.

I've often wondered why these games don't use a little logic when it comes to loot. In the real world, pre-combustion engine, pack animals were used. One could purchase pack animals to carry items, especially heavy ones. In this game, they'd be a great target for ogres, etc instead of staying around to get slaughtered, the object of the attack could be to steal the pack animals thus generating a side task of sorts to find your loot. Wait too long and you may find the loot but the pack animals were made into stew so you have no way to carry it all. You might find merchants selling recognizable stuff and generate some questions to them about it. More decisions are good for a game like this.

I believe that the merchants use pack lizards which based on the mentions of scars on various NPCs can probably double as fighting animals. While a pack animal would have added some realism to the game and some options when food was required (assuming that the pack animal would consume extra food) and weight was an issue, in the current games I think that it would add complexity without adding much interest.