Basilia Quest Finale (Av-II)

lordhoff

Gotta be another trick here. Tried about six different plans. The constructs are just too hard to damage (the one of three that can be damaged, that is). I can kill the "powerful constructs" easily before they are complete, but another just forms and eventually, my party dies. If I concentrate on the makers of the constructs, they have, oh, 3% damage before I die. There's no place to hide. Can't even send in one suicidal party member to trigger the attack while the others fire from the other side of the gate as it won't trigger until the entire party is inside. Seems impossible, even at level 30.

In Av-I, if I got stuck, I didn't need to bother more experienced players too often because of the excellent FAQ but, alas, that must have been two tons of work because it doesn't exist for Av-II. Any way, can someone enlighten me or is it simply best to ignore this side quest?

I do ask forgiveness - I've had some head injuries in the past and I get frustrated very quickly. I just am not capable of trying dozens of times until I figure out the catch and I often miss the obvious. Still, I haven't grown out of not liking simple so I keep banging my head with the tougher games. I think I left my sanity somewhere else :)

Every few turns one of the makers is vulnerable and takes full damage. Watch the damage messages and when you see one that takes full damage, then concentrate on it and its group. I always take a few tries to finish this battle, but sometimes the same one stays vulnerable for four rounds.

This is a good place to waste an invulnerability potion. Wands can be used for extra attacks here to take out a group.

Spread out a bit to avoid getting everyone hit with area attacks.

This was an extremely difficult fight for me, for the reasons you listed. There was pretty much no way for me to beat it legitimately without a massive drain on my resources. Luckily, I found a way to cheese it.

Start attacking whichever enemy is vulnerable first, and huddle up in its corner of the room. If positioned properly, only the single one should be able to attack you. When the other ones start getting vulnerable, just stay put and wait for it to cycle back to the one you're at. If it's taking a while, try sending a summoned monster out to attack the one that is vulnerable. The enemy near you will heal a little bit of hp during this time, but it shouldn't be enough to heal through all the damage you deal when its vulnerable. Once you kill one of them, all of them should die.

Hope this helps!

OK; I've actually tried the Randomizer plan but my party dies before damage is significant. I'll try the "cheesy" plan ( sort of did this when I tried spreading them out one to a shade) and see what happens. What do you do about the "powerful constructs"? Once complete, they just swamp the heck out of you - I generally lose my party at that time.

In Av-I, if I got stuck, I didn't need to bother more experienced players too often because of the excellent FAQ but, alas, that must have been two tons of work because it doesn't exist for Av-II.

The main reason there's a FAQ for Avadon:TBF is that there were literally dozens of questions that kept getting asked over and over again. This didn't happen so much with Avadon 2.

Now the annotated maps were about 12 tons of work, which is why they are still not done for AV2.

OK; I've actually tried the Randomizer plan but my party dies before damage is significant. I'll try the "cheesy" plan ( sort of did this when I tried spreading them out one to a shade) and see what happens. What do you do about the "powerful constructs"? Once complete, they just swamp the heck out of you - I generally lose my party at that time.

Whew! Made it! It actually wasn't that hard once I crowded into a corner. I answered my own question about the "powerful constructs" too - nothing else to really attack since the turrets took care of the two shade turrets nearby so I kept destroying them until the wisp rotated back to my area. Thanks both.

Jerakeen said: "Now the annotated maps were about 12 tons of work, which is why they are still not done for AV2"

----- and three is just around the corner with likely another 12 tons. My hat's off to you folks. .