Giving Thanks

Goldengirl

As silly as it sounds, SW.

Shortly after I became part of the community here, tumultuous things started happening in my life. I dunno who/what I'd be if it wasn't for this community. Being able to get out of the echo chamber I'd grown up in really brought much-needed perspective as to who I was.

So yeah, y'all aren't too bad.

Edited by sylae
Thanks for putting up with my crap since 2008, I guess.

I'm thankful for my friends, family, and psychiatric treatment team, as well this place. I joined here in 2001 when I was 13. It had its ups and downs and parts of Spidweb history screwed me up pretty badly for a long time, but all in all I feel smarter and more creative for the experience. I don't think I was ready to have normal interactions with my classmates at that time of my life and Spidweb gave me interaction with intelligent, more-or-less compassionate people and a community where people seemed interested in talking to me, so I'm glad for that.

I'm thankful for a roof over my head, great food while many go without, and someone to eat it with. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a part of many amazing comunities such as this. I'm thankful for machines and decives that provide me hours of endless entertainment. I'm thankful that I have a best friend that will walk through the woods with me for hours. I'm thankful for the three parents I now have that love me, even if two of them now hate each other. I'm thankful for my little brother, and I'm thankful for the phone I use to type this that allows me to talk to him, thousands of miles away. I'm thankful for Spiderweb Software, of which without my life would have changed exponentially. I'm thankful for Adam Ruins Everything, Impractical Jokers, and a plethora of TruTV TV shows that make sure I never am bored. And I am DAMN thankful for this life and consciousness provided to me, wether by diety or cosmic coincidence, I am grateful to be posting this today.

And I hope you're thankful too.