Lol

Vexivero

They wear loincloths in Avernum games, but that's it.

Jeff's writing is superb, very flexible. Humor, serious, frightening, aesthetic, all blended together. That's why he has such a dedicated fan base. The game engines are just kind of OK and the graphics aren't remotely top-grade. It's all a vehicle for his walls of text and spare jokes scattered throughout his games, just absorbing enough to make it feel interactive but not enough that he'd have to devote a lot of time, money, and energy to make a smash hit engine and not enough time telling a story.

Eh, I always edit my PC graphics, and all my Nephil have clothes.

If nothing else, they'd need armour and something to attach their weapons to when not in use.

Alternatively, the reason they don't wear underwear is because it stays in their drawers. Or people keep stealing it along with the rubies.

Yeah, his games are something else. I used to download hundreds of demos when I was around 7 or 8 and just play games all day. Exile, Avernum, and Geneforge were the only games I kept coming back to throughout the course of my life. It's not even the writing either; I've only started noticing the superb quality of his text in the last year or so that I've played many of his games. For the first 17 or 18 years that I played these games, it was the overall storyline that got me into it. A pit that rejects get thrown in was just fuel for my imagination as a youth or individuals that can shape anything out of spare parts; can't put a price on galvanizing the mind of a child.

Yeah, always liked the worldbuilding of Spiderweb games. The fantasy settings are quite different from the boring old LotR rip-offs we see everywhere. And also there's plenty of zany stuff...the Vahnatai being Roswell Greys is an absurd idea, only it somehow worked.

Now that I think about it, it's a common theme for the player to be exploring a new world. As a player, when I walked out of the north entrance of Fort Emergence for the first time, I had no idea what the game was going to be like, what monsters or societies or economy there would be. Which is also true of the characters making up the Surface Explorers, so there's not really a conflict there...though going round Upper Exile the first time, there had to be a bit of exposition going on to tell me things that I was supposed to already know.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol so what if dey have underwear xD, also the graphics are low quality so how can u tell if the graphics naked?, anyway it wouldnt matter as they are all covered in fur, so its not like you would see anything.

They atleast would wear a robe or something wrapped around there Belt line or "Hips" to hide everything :p like the native american indians wore cloths there :p

Either you are hella farther than me or this dungeon is Not Required to be entered in beating the game.....

Where are you O.o, what province/near what city. weird o.o.

How many of the monster plagues have you defeated yet?

That's an earlier game, I think E2. I didn't know they had Nepharim back then, I thought that was a new thing with the Avernum remake.

That's an earlier game, I think E2. I didn't know they had Nepharim back then, I thought that was a new thing with the Avernum remake.

Nepharim appeared all the way back in Exile 1. They're as old as Spiderweb Software.

—Alorael, who is just sad he's never been able to play as a nephar. Forget vahnatai PCs, where are his mule-cat-people?