Crystal Soul - Coffin Cave - 2 questions

1. Playing Avernum-Crystal Souls. Have finished everything in the Coffin Cave along the Vahnatai river, but don't have piercing crystals or Dispel spell. Need to get into the last room in the NE of the cave to pick up the half-scroll and whatever other goodies are in there. Can't go back up the river to Formello to pick up a piercing crystal. How can I get through that barrier?

2. Once the coffin cave is finished, it looks like a dead end. How do I carry on to the Vahnatai from here?

Thnx, P.

1. There are two copies of each half-scroll part. However there is a point where you can use Move Mountains instead to enter that room.

2. Explore the river and you will find a way out. If nothing else just start somewhere and follow the shore. Don't forget there are some caches that are hidden so they are hard to see.

I haven't even played A2:CS, but what I know about it, regarding the occupants of a certain small dungeon which in previous versions of the game which was my favorite dungeon in Dark Waters and one of my favorites in general, would make me very upset if I had any sanity left. So yeah, what he said.