Does stun resist in G5 actually do... anything?

Elyssaen

I was looking for any formulae behind this. I decided to replay G5 with a servile and am having fun and games with Talis-Eye's submission turrets. (Aside: also just with Talis-Eye in general.)

I've been obsessively trying to save/load and beat a single one for ages now. Only it can hit me, all I need is to resist stunlock for one turn to win. 52% stun resist. I'm not saying I think that's a high stun resist, or that it should work most of the time... but it hasn't worked once. Not once.

In a ridiculous number of tries, I've destroyed two submission turrets. The first time, base level Parry kicked in. The second time?

Submission Turret takes 107 points of cold damage.

Bal is stunned. Bal takes 51 points of physical damage. (73 blocked.) Bal is stunned.

Submission Turret is covered with acid. Submission Turret takes 93 points of physical damage. (20 blocked.)

Wait, what? I didn't attack with acid. That had to be your own Burning Turret turning on you. It is literally more likely for the enemy to take pity on me and randomly start killing each other than it is for stun resist to do anything ever.

Does anyone know what the formulae are for calculating whether or not you get stunned? I need to decide either whether to try to pump it up because it's too low, or just ignore it because it has no effect.

I don't think these mechanics have ever been completely explained.

I believe that stun resistance reduces the quantity (i.e. duration) of stunning, and does not actually cancel it entirely, at least for some types of stun. (Although reducing the duration enough can cancel it if the amount of stun is very low to begin with.)

It's also possible that stun resistance is applied the way dodge/hit chance modifiers are, and thus if the enemy is very high level (and especially if you play on a higher difficulty setting) it might not bring the failure chance into reasonable range.

Finally, if this is a specially scripted fight it's possible the stun lock is scripted in and thus doesn't even have a resistance check. That is unlikely but possible.