Vahnatai PC Graphics (and others) Wanted!

graphics vahnatai pcs oboe

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic
Kelyar-Ihrno Kelyar-Ihrno

Citizen

• Member ID: 1,627
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:15 PM #36 Vahnatai PC Graphics (and others) Wanted!

Last tweaks: Darkened the silhouette a bit.

Posted Image
I procrastinate like there is no tomorrow!
-TRG

Celtic Minstrel Celtic Minstrel

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,296
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:08 PM #37 Vahnatai PC Graphics (and others) Wanted!

I have committed this to the repository. We still need three more Vahnatai PC graphics, though. Anyone interested? Most of what I said in the second post also still applies, but note that there is very little room left for new terrains now.
Exile 2 Book of Items (I didn't create it, I just converted it to HTML.)

"Man, I know how you feel. I once spent an hour playing WordPad before realising that it was a text editor." – Thuryl

"Dikiyoba just hopes no one ever blows up Saturn. Getting those rings back into their proper position would take hours."

"—Alorael, who spells phoenetically. No matter how much his orthography is a wreck, intelligibility rises from the ashes."

"I've never played a Spiderweb game. I didn't even know SW made games until I saw this thread." —Nikki

GiantFriendlyTalkingSpiderman GiantFriendlyTalkingSpiderman

Citizen

• Member ID: 13,016
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan - Canada

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:08 AM #38 Vahnatai PC Graphics (and others) Wanted!

I'm into pixel art so can give it a shot, but no promises as I'm short on time lately. a co-worker is injured and I'm getting extra hours.

The Almighty Doer of Stuff The Almighty Doer of Stuff

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 72
  • 4,415 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:52 PM #39 Vahnatai PC Graphics (and others) Wanted!

Thanks, GIFTSm! I actually put two together already, one based on a graphic from Mab and another a modified version of Kelyar-Ihrno's yellow-poncho dude. (That vahnatai now has normal legs and throws razordisks.) So we've got one with a sword, one with razordisks, and one with a ball of energy (the last being the purple-robe-yellow-coif dude from Kelyar). What we'd kinda like is another waveblade wielder and two more spellcasters. We also want a couple new nephilim and a couple new slithzerikai, if you're up for it. That way you can make a party of six.

Here's what we've got so far for PCs:
Posted Image

We'd ideally like eight of each humanoid, and then the four slots in the fourth human column could be filled by whatever mix of the four we happen to get, I guess. What we're guessing we'd want is at least one more sword wielder and two more spellcasters, for the vahnatai, and perhaps one would be crystal-wielding. And here's two new vahnatai weapons I did today, if they inspire you at all:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:15 PM #40 Vahnatai PC Graphics (and others) Wanted!

At the moment we're most interested in additional PC graphics, particularly Vahnatai but also potentially sliths or nephilim. If you prefer to do other types of art (for example, items or talking portraits), that would also be great. Terrain graphics are currently closed except for improvements plus a few specific things (see spoiler if interested). We want the graphics to match the aesthetic of existing graphics as much as possible.

EDIT: To add to ADoS's post a little, it'd be great to have at least one graphic for each race in each of a few basic archetypes, such as mage, priest, rogue, melee fighter, ranged fighter. Other possible archetypes are monk or bard, though those aren't a priority.

Spoiler

"Man, I know how you feel. I once spent an hour playing WordPad before realising that it was a text editor." – Thuryl

"Dikiyoba just hopes no one ever blows up Saturn. Getting those rings back into their proper position would take hours."

"—Alorael, who spells phoenetically. No matter how much his orthography is a wreck, intelligibility rises from the ashes."

"I've never played a Spiderweb game. I didn't even know SW made games until I saw this thread." —Nikki

Thaluikhain Thaluikhain

Shaman

• Member ID: 6,345
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:27 PM #41 Vahnatai PC Graphics (and others) Wanted!

Oh, that's quite impressive.  Some of them seem a bit odd, but I guess that's cause I'm used to the older ones.

I should give that a try.  Most of the graphics I've made aren't from scratch, they are rehashes of the stuff that came with BoE, but I'll have a go.

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:21 PM #42 Vahnatai PC Graphics (and others) Wanted!

A great many of the new graphics on that sheet were made by Luz Piazuelo; they were on Pixel Profusion, and we got permission to use them. Some of her graphics were indisputably in the Windows brightness; I fixed those ones up to match the Mac brightness instead (in fact I did that to several of her graphics that didn't end up being included - you can see all of them here.) Most of the rest of the new ones were done by ADoS, with several by Mistb0rn (back in 2009, the last time I put out a call for new graphics) and a few by me. There are a few made by Milu or Shyguy which are pending permission and thus may be removed. The christmas tree is also likely to be removed, and that hatch on blue cave floor in the bottom row is going to be removed too. There are a couple of other miscellanous ones that aren't 100% set in stone as well (even some of Luz's).

Rehashes of BoE stuff can be accepted if they actually look good, but if you can do a good job from scratch, that's probably preferable. I also have a script which usually does a pretty decent job of separating terrain objects from their background while preserving the shadow and any other shading, which was a great help.

If you think some of them look a bit odd, I wouldn't mind knowing which ones. If you can explain why, even better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users