so does using canister affect endings? (G1 only) *spoiler*

so use all canisters that i could find, and pick the ending where i use the geneforge for myself, i visited some characters in the world, then went to astrov, the dialogue said i suddenly feel this uncontrollable rage and turn hostile to them.

the ending also said i destroyed a city, then retreat and built my own kingdom afterwards.

that said, i love how many endings this game got. so far, i got 3 endings, that one (my default one cos i want all those power for myself :p), then trying to leave the island without doing the geneforge part, and destroying it.

great game, i will start G2 soon.

Canister use will affect the ending.

There are different things that can change parts of the ending. If you leave as soon as you can get to the boat without killing certain people, visiting the Geneforge with or without destroying it, and how many canisters you use. Also if you ally with certain people so they achieve their goals.

No. In Geneforge 1, canister usage only has minor effects on your game, since it's assumed that you'll have to use a lot of them just to survive: unlike later games it's basically the only way to learn new spells and creations. Using the Geneforge will have a major effect on your personality no matter what you've done with canisters.

No. In Geneforge 1, canister usage only has minor effects on your game, since it's assumed that you'll have to use a lot of them just to survive: unlike later games it's basically the only way to learn new spells and creations. Using the Geneforge will have a major effect on your personality no matter what you've done with canisters.

Am I right in assuming that canister use has little to no real effect in G1 & G5? While G2, G3 &G4 have a greater canister usage ending story penalty?

Am I right in assuming that canister use has little to no real effect in G1 & G5? While G2, G3 &G4 have a greater canister usage ending story penalty?

Pretty much! Although there are also some paths in the middle three games where using or not using canisters makes no meaningful difference, like G2's Barzite path.