A2:CS some random questions: tool use, hit chance

Some random questions on A2:CS...

- In the Empire Archives on the 2nd floor, there's a door that requires tool use skill, difficulty 15. One of my party members has tool use 10, plus he's got tinker's gloves, which makes it 11. But this character is now level 31 -- from what I read, this stops the advancement of skills. Does this mean I'll never get that door open anymore?

- I found a "Quickblade Plate". The high armor seems nice for my priest. However, the plate has -20% to hit chance. Does this mean that his spells will miss the mark more? Or does hit chance only influence weapon usage?

- Talking about hit chance, how can I see the effective hit chance? Do I have to calculate it manually?

- How can I "cure" a character that was hit with immobility? Is there a defense against it?

After level 30, you will only get to increase your skills every five levels. Since you have to place the skill points into two separate skills during any single level-up, your character would have to reach level 50 to get to TU 15. Reaching that high a level is practically impossible, for a party of four at least, so you probably cannot open the door on your current playthrough without cheating. Still, you are not missing much by having TU 10.

Hit chance penalties do affect all kinds of attacks. They are, however, largely not an issue for characters who have reasonably developed their main attacking attributes (Strength for melee, Dexterity for archery, Intelligence for magic). Most importantly, a high hit chance penalty total can prevent you from using Mage Spells altogether. Priest Spells are excluded from this limitation, so priests can easily wear as much heavy armor as they want (although encumbrance can be an issue with too little Strength).

Enemy-specific hit chances can be seen when you attack enemies, but other than that, the game does not show your total hit chance bonus/penalty anywhere.

Curse resistance can decrease the duration of immobility. The condition can be cured with any ability that “cures hostile effects”, e.g. Curing and Focus Spirit.

After level 30, you will only get to increase your skills every five levels. Since you have to place the skill points into two separate skills during any single level-up, your character would have to reach level 50 to get to TU 15. Reaching that high a level is practically impossible, for a party of four at least, so you probably cannot open the door on your current playthrough without cheating. Still, you are not missing much by having TU 10.

Remember that A2:CS uses your whole party's Tool Use skill, not just one character's. At level 35 (which a party is likely to reach by the end of the game if they explore thoroughly and do every sidequest) he could put a point of Tool Use on everybody in the party and get to 15 that way. (At least, he can if Tool Use is one of the skills that can go above 10; I don't actually know if it is. If it isn't then the character who already has 10 Tool Use won't be able to raise it further.)