• Announcements

• Right as Reign

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xander77

Avernum 6 - what are the possible endings?

5 posts in this topic

Got to the end (is it just me, or is each area slightly smaller than the last one? The last few bits just flew by) and... kinda got the "whoops, you didn't complete enough quests" feeling from the ending narration. Was there a way to cure the blight? A way to meet the Anama cult holding out against the Sliths? A way to get to whatever teleport destination is above Refuge on the teleport list (the blank spot kept taunting me)

In general, how many ending variables are there, and how can you effect them?

The main things that affect the ending are Gladwell and Melanchion's quests. If you complete all of the quests that either character offers you and don't kill them afterwards, there'll be a significant effect on the ending. There's nothing you can do about the blight, though, so don't expect a particularly happy ending for Avernum no matter what you do.

I thought this had been answered before, but it hadn't. Therefore, I've just extracted all the possible ending text and will be posted it in a new (spoilered) topic.

Slartibus - thanks. Looking forward to it.

Lilith - huh. The writing tone really doesn't mesh with "this is the default ending". What about the Anama (or whatever, anti-magic cult) and teleport location - did I miss them, or are they just red herrings?

Immediately above Refuge on the teleport menu list should be Fort Monastery.