Avernum 6 - what are the possible endings?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
Xander77 Xander77

Citizen

• Member ID: 7,747
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:41 AM #1 Avernum 6 - what are the possible endings?

Got to the end (is it just me, or is each area slightly smaller than the last one? The last few bits just flew by) and... kinda got the "whoops, you didn't complete enough quests" feeling from the ending narration. Was there a way to cure the blight? A way to meet the Anama cult holding out against the Sliths? A way to get to whatever teleport destination is above Refuge on the teleport list (the blank spot kept taunting me)

In general, how many ending variables are there, and how can you effect them?

Lilith Lilith

in before the apocalypse

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 669
  • 19,844 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:54 AM #2 Avernum 6 - what are the possible endings?

The main things that affect the ending are Gladwell and Melanchion's quests. If you complete all of the quests that either character offers you and don't kill them afterwards, there'll be a significant effect on the ending. There's nothing you can do about the blight, though, so don't expect a particularly happy ending for Avernum no matter what you do.

Agitproprioception Agitproprioception

The Demon of Good Taste

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 223
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:55 AM #3 Avernum 6 - what are the possible endings?

I thought this had been answered before, but it hadn't.  Therefore, I've just extracted all the possible ending text and will be posted it in a new (spoilered) topic.
"I, for one, prefer to believe that the forums are dead and that Lilith, Slarty, and I are all ghosts haunting the forum." -- Triumph

"I think we all have days where we feel like a Displacer Iguana." -- Slarty

Xander77 Xander77

Citizen

• Member ID: 7,747
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:59 AM #4 Avernum 6 - what are the possible endings?

Slartibus - thanks. Looking forward to it.

Lilith - huh. The writing tone really doesn't mesh with "this is the default ending". What about the Anama (or whatever, anti-magic cult) and teleport location - did I miss them, or are they just red herrings?

Triumph Triumph

Wrapped in Light

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 6,248
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:51 PM #5 Avernum 6 - what are the possible endings?

Immediately above Refuge on the teleport menu list should be Fort Monastery.

"Dikiyoba didn't know what to say for your negatives, Triumph. Dikiyoba supposes you must just be that awesome." - Dikiyoba
"Triumph == Santa Claus? This explains... nothing." - Dintiradan
"Per usual, Triumph said it better." - Slarty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users