VoDT Vampire

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
Doctor J Doctor J

Citizen

• Member ID: 5,931
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:09 AM #1 VoDT Vampire

Is there a way to beat this without cheating?  My fighters only have 66 hit points, and it's fire blasting me for 120 points each.  The couple of spells i've picked up are no match, either.  I've done everything in the campaign before going into the Major Waste Repository, unless i've missed something.

Lilith Lilith

in before the apocalypse

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 669
  • 19,828 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:33 AM #2 VoDT Vampire

Pray that it chooses to cast spells other than Fireblast or Arcane Summon until you can kill it, basically. Four PCs who all have the Divinely Touched trait and pop Divine Aid at the start of the battle stand a chance with a lot of luck. Vampires are not particularly well-balanced monsters.

Jerakeen Jerakeen

Runcible Pastrytarian

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,477
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationThree Sheets to the Wind house, in Sinshan

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:18 AM #3 VoDT Vampire

Fortunately, that fight is optional. As long as you don't mind fighting endless wandering undead.

I seem to remember that you have to get lucky and kill him in the first couple of rounds or not at all.

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,880 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:40 AM #4 VoDT Vampire

Jeff always seems to come up with a few fights that depend upon luck to survive the first few rounds where the monster does more damage than your average health.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

Jerakeen Jerakeen

Runcible Pastrytarian

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,477
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationThree Sheets to the Wind house, in Sinshan

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:29 PM #5 VoDT Vampire

The best thing about fighting vampires is the cascading summons.

Doctor J Doctor J

Citizen

• Member ID: 5,931
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:55 AM #6 VoDT Vampire

View PostJerakeen, on 03 September 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

Fortunately, that fight is optional. As long as you don't mind fighting endless wandering undead.

Since i'm essentially at the end of the campaign, stopping future  supplies of undead isn't much of an incentive...

View PostJerakeen, on 03 September 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

I seem to remember that you have to get lucky and kill him in the first couple of rounds or not at all.

Short of using an editor to beef my party up, i just don't see how this can happen.  It'll take a few turns to mow my way through his platoon before i can get my fighters next to him.  The spell-casters don't yet have any serious battle magic, so they're relegated to support.  Anyway, i guess i'll just skip it and go on to the next scenario.

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,880 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:41 AM #7 VoDT Vampire

You usually need to burn through items like wands and potions for healing to have a chance.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users