BoA party not displaying

Kelandon

I am trying to run Blades of Avernum v1.2 on OS 10.10.4 (Macbook Pro Retina Mid 2012), and I am encountering a weird problem: the party does not show up on the main screen ("The Terrain" according to the manual's nomenclature). The red dots for the party show up on the automap. Every other graphic shows up on the screen. It's just the party.

Everything interacts normally. The party still walks around, fights, etc. I just can't ever see the party, except on the automap.

My first guess is that it has something to do with not being able to set the monitor to few enough colors, but I'm not sure why that would affect only PC graphics and nothing else.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Corrupt graphics file, maybe the Character Graphics file? I really don't have a clue. I just booted it up on a MacBook Pro (non-retina) early 2011 with OS X 10.10.5 and every thing worked, so I am thinking either the retina display (though that does not explain why only certain graphics) or more likely a corrupt file.

• 3 weeks later...