Avernum 2 screen size

malthaussen

I set up Avernum 2 after repurchasing it at GoG, and like a bit of a fool set the screen resolution at 800X600 instead of where it should be. The options menu offers to select screen size at startup, but it doesn't do so. So I am stuck at 800X600 if I can't figure out how to change it.

So how can I change it?

-- Mal

I start the program, it goes immediately to the start screen. Loading a game recalls it to 800X600. Then hitting ESC brings the File Menu popup, which includes Preferences. One of the preferences is "Ask at startup whether to change resolution," but whether checked or not, it does not ask when I start again. Kind of provoking.

-- Mal

• 1 year later...

I just had this problem, and I wanted to provide my solution: I simply reinstalled Avernum 2 and selected "never change resolution"

On the main screen, before you load a game, there is an option in large letters that says "Settings". Click on that, not the menus, which aren't really used by the game.

This absolutely does not work. There is no "Settings" icon on the main screen. The only way I could get to settings was to start a game and open the File menu. I had a similar experience to Malthaussen above.