Mid-range Mage spells -- where to learn...?

I've wandered all over Avernum (using the character editor there's no reason to do things in any kind of sequential order). I have the 4 highest level arcane spells, from X in the Tower of Magi, but I don't have several spells of lesser level -- Lightning Spray, Blink, Summon Aid, Howl of Terror, Cloak of Blades. Where do I pick them up, from Erika?

Also -- since I've done everything out of order, I learned the Remove Barrier spell from the ghost (or whatever it was) in the islands before I learned it in Fort Emerald. I already had 1 level of it when I got to the Fort so was only able to buy 1 more. Am I stuck with the spell at 2nd level?

The problem is there are lots of remakes - I (wrongly) thought you were playing the remake of A1, rather than the remake of A2.

The Barrier Tower is something you can only reach via the portal at the Tower of Magi. You had to visit there earlier in order to get portal lessons, IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...

...I finished the game without ever getting level 3 Dispel Barrier, but I'd like to take Athron's stash and kill her so I want to pick it up now.

Barrier Tower? I never found any code to getting to any such place. Mahdavi has nothing more to say at endgame.

It's the small tower where Pyrn is trying to bind a demon that's impersonating him, and where you learn the ritual to seal an unstable portal. If you've completed the Great Portal quest, you've been there; it was one of the first steps along the way. There's a well-hidden switch on the west wall that opens a secret passage on the east side of the tower where the Dispel Barrier book is.