No, you can't, not normally. All the spears in A2CS are two-handed.

Tgiiif, I don't know if you're actually talking about an exploit in the normal game, or you just like editing data files, but either way, it's not helpful to share what you can do outside the normal rules of the game, without stating that context. Those basically become misleading spam posts that other people have to clean up after. Please don't do that.

I guess the obvious answer was try it. I did indeed expect it to be two handed, and I can't dual wield it. So a waste of a skill,point :-(

Just got the Lava-Fired Spear and I'm rather excited :-)

Anyhow gave me chance to say hello :-)

John.

Hey John welcome to this forum. Haha. I will say this... There is a way to dual wield a spear, halbred, or broadsword with a normal sword or shield.

Study The games mechanics and find out how to exploit it. :D

You're entitled to believe what you want, but you're not entitled to clutter the forum with useless posts about it (even if what you're saying is true, and the posts are only useless because of your choice to withhold information).

Tgiiif, this is an official warning in my capacity as a moderator: making posts like this can be confusing or misleading to Spiderweb customers who come here looking for information about the game, and for that reason, it breaks the forum code of conduct. You need to stop. Thank you.

Jeff is extremely unlikely to issue a patch to A:EFTP, since he has not patched it in the last 3 years and not much more likely to patch A:CS. These forums have identified multiple balance issues/exploits that have not been patched in various of Jeff's games. If you can really do what you are saying that you can do, there is no point in withholding it.

I've played this game alot so there's 3 bugs that I know and they're really good. one is new for this version of avernum and the rest are old... (meaning that the bugs can be exploited for previous games too!)

BTW Slartibus, you really can't scare me and I don't care if it confuses other customers because what I want them to do is to WORK for it... if a bug exists in any game they should LEARN to exploit it.

No one's trying to scare you, Tgiiif. You also don't have to care if other customers are confused, but you do need to understand that the forum rules are what they are. (And if you have further questions about those, I suggest PMing a mod rather than further derailing this topic.)

For the record, the main purpose of this forum is to help players, so that's why you can expect a bit of a negative reaction if you dangle some kind of potentially useful information in front of everyone's faces and withhold the details. "Players should have to learn how everything works all by themselves" is a philosophy that kind of runs directly counter to the reason we're here at all.

Tgiiif, you've now compared Spiderweb customers to rabbits and yourself to a person dangling a carrot in front of them. You may mean that in good fun, but it's disrespectful and I think we've been very patient about explaining the problem. Please understand that "carrot-dangling" like that falls under the warning you received above.

Okay, I think this thread has outlived its usefulness.