Avernum 2: CS Questions

Attribute distribution depends on the chosen difficulty level and character “class”. Playing on Torment, I usually give my characters 1 point of Endurance for every 3 or 4 points of Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence. On lower difficulty levels, your accuracy is less of an issue, so you can afford to build your characters with more defensive attributes. Also, mages and priests who usually stay out of the front lines can probably make do with less Endurance than warriors (and archers).

There is no need to hold on to any usable food items in A2:CS. In the very early game, their health restoration may be semi-useful, but other than that, you can just sell them.

Stats are capped at 40 so getting the primary one to 30 or more in the game is a goal so you can always hit. Otherwise depending on the difficulty level you want to raise endurance for health points so you don't die from the damage in a single round.

Only some food is sellable so you can get rid of that for extra money.

Stats are capped at 40 so getting the primary one to 30 or more in the game is a goal so you can always hit.

In A2:CS they go up to 50, actually, which is high enough that you don't have to worry about hitting the cap during normal play.

As far as food goes, you should hold on to it until the end of Chapter 2 because it's needed in that part of the game, but after that you can go ahead and sell it.

No one here has mentioned the critical advice, which is that for every PC, you are best off investing in ONE and ONLY ONE of Str, Dex, or Int. They power different types of attacks (melee, missile, and magic) and don't have any synergy with each other besides that. Most importantly, especially early on and on higher difficulties, they are the primary source of accuracy for all your attacks, so it really doesn't work to invest half-heartedly in one.

No one here has mentioned the critical advice, which is that for every PC, you are best off investing in ONE and ONLY ONE of Str, Dex, or Int. They power different types of attacks (melee, missile, and magic) and don't have any synergy with each other besides that. Most importantly, especially early on and on higher difficulties, they are the primary source of accuracy for all your attacks, so it really doesn't work to invest half-heartedly in one.

Yeah I had that nailed down already, thanks though. Food in chapter 2 eh? I just went ahead and sold everything, yay...