A:EFTP Can't get L3 spray acid

Okay, working on reaching archmage. Looked over list here for all L3 spells. Statue in Almaria supposed to have it for Spray Acid. Go there, say the maguc word. Statue gives out the spell, but we don't learn it. List says need AL 10; we have 20 total.

Used editor to bump all AL to 10 and added Sage Lore. Still no go. Any ideas? I looked in the script but that wasn't any help. It runs some sort of hardcode for this.

- Quasar

It wouldn't make a difference to the game. But this wouldn't be the first time that someone had 1 purchased point, got the level 3 spell point, and then forgot they only had 1 purchased point.

What exactly DOES happen when you get the dialogue about learning the spell? Does the dialogue SAY you learn it, or that you don't?

Lilith, ya got that right. See, all the tomes, you get the point right after convo ends. Didn't happen with the statue. So I just restored on the spot and tried something else. But this afternoon, hit the mouse button by accident. Party moved a step and bam! there was the point. Jeez, why'd he have to make this different? This was driving me nuts. Ah well, it's taken care of. Thanks all for the replies.

- Quasar