Let's Play Avernum 5!

I've struggled to get into your LP style several times before but you keep popping up everywhere. I'll be sure to give this series a chance. I like the fact that you have so comprehensively covered these games. It can be a struggle to find a playlist of youtube that goes the whole way.

Aye, I've noticed. I've sworn to do all the Spiderweb games all the way to the end however, and that's just what I plan to do. Though if I may ask, what do you mean by "Popping up everywhere"?

Down beneath Thalants we go, to investigate a small problem they're having. Shouldn't be hard to deal with...

I'm not sure. I seem to run into recommendations/links to your videos on other places and mistaken youtube autoplay sequencing linked me to some of your vids a few times and a link through another youtuber and now I see you posting in the forums here.

I just keep running into your content all over the place. I admit I do struggle with the poor audio quality on most of your stuff though.

Make sure on YouTube settings you have the quality, "p", around 480.

I have sufficient dl speed to handle 1080p on 2x speed so no worries there. Sometimes drop to 720 @ 2x in the peak hours.

@ Chessrook, I may have only looked at your earlier geneforge videos for the most part. It is the only series that interests me although I do try to get into vogel's other stuff. Nothing else seems to have the same magic though. I'm chipping away at this Avernum 5 playlist now and the audio is far better. At the very least you are piquing my interest for some of the other Spiderweb software game series.

Glad to hear I'm piquing your interest, Blxz! And aye, I believe the quality boost was due to getting a new headset/mic sometime between then and now. I forget exactly when it happened, but by now I cringe a bit whenever I hear my old vids.

On the video, wow, I thought I was the stubborn one...

Why are you using spoilered embeds instead of links?

Honestly, because it feels more convenient. I imagine that many people would be content to not have to go to another page every time they want to watch the vid. And if they really want to go to the YouTube page, they can click the little "YouTube" in the bottom right corner of the video.

A two-parter episode here, mainly due to how difficult the battle against the Hraithe Lord ends up being...

Many people are probably watching Let's Plays of the newer games, like the Avadon trilogy or the two new Avernum remakes. Personally, I am doing several things at once so I am not paying attention to Spiderweb games as much.

That is true, but there's also many doing them. In my searches, I've found very few LPs of the original Avernum and Geneforge games and Nethergate, but search for EftP, CS, or the Avadon games and you find TONS of videos. The former I don't get found due to a lack of searchers, the latter I probably won't be found because there's so many others. Still, I understand Ishad, and it's fair enough.

Ironically, I had made that episode talking about the lack of comments just before I started getting a number of new viewers and a sudden increase in comments. Was odd.

Anyway, onto the Pit of Abominations, to find lots of ambushes, the Master of this place, and the return of an old friend in this two-part episode.

A few comments:

In one of the early videos you meet Gladwell, and IIRC you express the belief that Gladwell was the guy in Avernum 4 who asked you to find the GIFTS. Back when I played Avernum 5 for the first time I thought so too. But I went back to check and Gladwell is the guy asking you to feed his slimes (the guy asking for GIFTS is someone else).

We speak to the wizard Shafrir, a relatively sensible mage in all honesty.

Excellent reference in this video, made me feel nostalgic.