Corrupt Scenario Files

(EDIT: The scenario in question probably isn't corrupt but rather it may be a glitch in the BoE program. There are other issues though and I have changed the thread title, see posts below.)

It appears the only copy I have, including on my website, of "The Killing Cave" is corrupted. This will make me cry if I can't get my hands on a clean one. Does anyone have it?

Just in case it's a bug in legacy scenario loading, I suggest you hold onto that corrupted copy. I don't think it's very likely (after all, the preset scenarios load for me without any major issues both on Mac and on Windows), but the possibility does exist.

So "The Killing Cave" might not be corrupt. However, several of the ZIP files on TrueSite4Blades cannot be unpacked, at least on my copy of Linux Mint. 7zip gives the following error:

7-Zip [64] 9.20 Copyright © 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov 2010-11-18

p7zip Version 9.20 (locale=en_US.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,2 CPUs)

Error: /home/ados/Desktop/Stuff/Borked Scenarios/IslandsoftheWheel.zip: Can not open file as archive

Errors: 1

The scenarios I've tried to unpack and have received this error for are "Foreshadows", "Islands of the Wheel", "Kallaskagathos", "Nephil's Gambit", "Signs and Portents", "Slavers of Pardes Valley", "Trouble in Mendor", and "Truffle Days". I don't know how many other files this is affecting.

EDIT: "Islands of the Wheel", "Nephil's Gambit", "Slavers of Pardes Valley", "Trouble in Mendor", and "Truffle Days" seem to have working copies on Spiderweb's Solid Adventures Table (which somehow is still there). "Slavers" has a corrupted readme, so I don't know whether any of these files actually work, or whether they're the latest versions. The others I had trouble with are not on the Solid Adventures Table.

Edited by The Almighty Doer of Stuff

F.W.I.W.

I have played a great number scenarios, making "Walk-Throughs" so that I might help any Player when possible.

As to all the other ones you've mentioned, I don't remember anything wrong with them

Although I have not yet done "The Killing Cave" I do have a copy and will send it to you if needed, although there should be other sites that have Scenarios for downloading.

In the meantime, I'll start a "Walk-Through" for "The Killing Cave".

me

Thanks, although there's not much walking-through to do. It's very short with clear directions on what to do.

To clarify: There's nothing wrong with the scenarios themselves if you can get your hands on a good copy, but I mean the ZIP files on TrueSite for several scenarios are corrupted and the scenarios can't be extracted, at least not on my machine. Also, "The Killing Cave" is not on TrueSite. You can get it on my website, here: http://www.almightyw...sc/spidweb.html It would be swell if you could email me that copy you have, just to be sure. Thanks! :)