If I buy the Steam bundle to get Avernum 2, will I be able to give out the other games as gifts?

dave s

That happened to me before and it seems like the 'bundle' is treated like a single game. Once opened, you will get the games at an instant, compared to when it's gifted individually; which you can keep all others and open AV:2 for yourself, sadly, Steam's smart enough for that.

I would hold off on buying A:CS at the moment. The way Steam sales work means that it's possible for one (or more) SW game to get an even bigger discount. Whilst it's cheap at the moment, if it's selected for a flash sale or is unlocked through the monster game, it could end up going even lower.

I saw it featured at a 70% discount in the Monster Summer Game deal window; it's now dropped back to a 25% discount (while the bundle remains at a 70% discount, making it cheaper than A2:CS on its own). I'm not sure if I clicked through from the summer sale frontpage to the actual store page; it's possible that the sale page displayed the wrong discount. That happens sometimes.

I would hold off on buying A:CS at the moment. The way Steam sales work means that it's possible for one (or more) SW game to get an even bigger discount. Whilst it's cheap at the moment, if it's selected for a flash sale or is unlocked through the monster game, it could end up going even lower.

I would be very, VERY surprised if there isn't a Steam sale for Spiderweb Software games this season. While they are no where near the most popular games, Valve is notorious for wanting your money.They'll probably throw something on at least one of them. Anything to get the money from your (virtual) wallets into their (physical) pockets.

Yeah, there was one. The whole collection is 70% off, and as Lilith pointed out, Avernum 2: Crystal Souls also saw a big discount for a little while.

I'm not quite sure why you quoted me, either, since I said there's a good chance some SW games would see bigger discounts.