Giant Statues Bug

I have encountered a glitch. Early on we get a quest from O'Rourke in Fort Dranlon to fetch three statues from the Giants. I know for sure I got all three because I checked in the Items List, but the game is only giving me credit for two.

I grabbed one during a battle, and I suspect that's where the bug bit me. I've destroyed all three altars, so there's no going back to get it, I suspect.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks!!

Wait, your special items list says you have 3 statues, but you still can't turn in the quest? What happens when you try?

The "Leave" explanation would make sense if you only had 2, but that can't be the case if you have 3. As far as I can tell, the only requisites for turning in the quest are 1. Having the quest, and 2. Having 3 statues. Unfortunately, what happens after you choose that dialogue option is hardcoded and therefore inaccessible, but it's unlikely that there are any requisites beyond that.

If you were missing one of the statues, we could probably figure out a way to give it to you, but otherwise I have no idea what's going on here.

As I said, I did NOT have three statues in the special items list. The game only gave me credit for two.

BUT! BWAHAHAHAHA! The joke's on me! I went back to the fort and searched around all the exclamation points on the auto map.

I JUST MISSED IT! It wasn't at the altar. It was hidden in a chest. I ALWAYS check chests. How did I miss this one?? (And plus, Jeff usually doesn't make that kind of mistake. If the item had been on an altar you could destroy, and then the item disappeared and became inaccessible--that would screw up lots of players. He's not going to let players inadvertently destroy a quest item.)

Anyhoo, I got the elusive statue and have completed the quest. Rather nice reward for that too!

So this whole thread I started turns out to be just my silly mistake. No wonder no one else had the bug! HAHAHA!!

As I said, I did NOT have three statues in the special items list. The game only gave me credit for two.

I think the part that was confusing was this in your first post:

I know for sure I got all three because I checked in the Items List, but the game is only giving me credit for two.

It sounded like you checked your special items list and had three statues there. I guess what you actually meant was that you'd checked the item list on the forums for the location of the statues and assumed that since you'd been to the places where they were, you must have picked up all three?

Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted out.

• 2 months later...