A2CS: How do I create a party of less than 4?

On the character creation screen showing the four characters, each one at the bottom has a choice of delete to remove that character. You will get a prompt to make sure you do want to delete that character.

You can also do it later in the game by clicking on the icon near the bottom that looks like 4 different colored bottles.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It wouldn't have solved that question, but it also wouldn't have bothered you. :)

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It wouldn't have solved that question, but it also wouldn't have bothered you. :)

I almost didn't post the question, knowing that the answer would be something simple. So reading your answer the little devil on my shoulder said "Derf! RTFM already" Bad devil!! Bad devil!

Well, it makes the game more interesting to me. I tried this method in both Avernum games. I had parties originally made of one character which became three through the game and finished it. Characters were of different experience levels, so I had to adapt strategy and tactic to circumstances. Surviving becomes a bit harder, as harder is to manage the party. It is fun.