Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic
Richard Bacon Richard Bacon

Mercenary

• Member ID: 14,268
  • 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:06 AM #1 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

C:\Users\19172276\Downloads\Returning Missle Book.JPGC:Users19172276DownloadsNone%20Returning%20Book.JPGOk well after cheating witht he editor and exploring most of exile III's features and understanding the game, i made a new party with the default characters but custom advantages/disadvantages and all that jazz, now when you start in Fort Emergence. There are books lying around, i found this green book, saw i couldnt hit use and/or open and read it, so i looked at the identity info and it is ID'ed and i think it says MAGIC too, now see the LITTLE description at the bottom just like all books have n stuff,well look at the green books ABILITY it says RETURNING MISSLE. But look at the dark green book identity, it is useable to be opened and read, but the light green has no use button, just has the defukt. Drop, give to pc and ID buttons,
The green book(not the dark green) has no use button, but the ability says RETURNING MISSLE????!?!!??
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

The Englishman Character in "The Black Castle"

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:08 AM #2 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

It wont let me post images?
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Celtic Minstrel Celtic Minstrel

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,296
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:12 AM #3 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

I recall seeing this book in the game (it's called "Tome of Missiles" or something, right?). Basically, you equip it like any other missile weapon. I believe it works the same way as slings in Blades of Exile, so it probably requires Thrown Missiles skill rather than Archery (but I could be wron about that).
Exile 2 Book of Items (I didn't create it, I just converted it to HTML.)

"Man, I know how you feel. I once spent an hour playing WordPad before realising that it was a text editor." – Thuryl

"Dikiyoba just hopes no one ever blows up Saturn. Getting those rings back into their proper position would take hours."

"—Alorael, who spells phoenetically. No matter how much his orthography is a wreck, intelligibility rises from the ashes."

"I've never played a Spiderweb game. I didn't even know SW made games until I saw this thread." —Nikki

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:21 AM #4 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

nope its just named Book, it is not readable nor useable by my nephim(nphilm can use trown missles very goodylu)
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:25 AM #5 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

dang I cant figure out how to attach a photo
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Tevildo Tevildo

Watcher

• Member ID: 12,857
  • 192 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA, United States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:33 AM #6 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

@Celti

According to the Win32 CBoE code

https://github.com/c.../boe.combat.cpp

ammo-less missiles still use MODE_FIRING, so they would use the Archery skill in CBoE. Not sure how that works in E3 though.

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:42 AM #7 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Yes BUT, this is an unusbale item named "Book" even when identified it just displays "book" this is for exile 3 guys not cboe
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:43 AM #8 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

And the ability display as Returning Missle
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:44 AM #9 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

View PostRichard Bacon, on 26 May 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

dang I cant figure out how to attach a photo
If you already have a URL to the image, just post that here. If not, you'll need to upload the image to an image-sharing site, such as imageshack, photobucket, imgur, tinypic, etc.

Does the item's name go italic to show it's equipped if you click on it?

View PostTevildo, on 26 May 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

ammo-less missiles still use MODE_FIRING, so they would use the Archery skill in CBoE. Not sure how that works in E3 though.
Ah, you're right, I remembered wrong. (Mind you, in latest BoE, you can choose either skill.)

"Man, I know how you feel. I once spent an hour playing WordPad before realising that it was a text editor." – Thuryl

"Dikiyoba just hopes no one ever blows up Saturn. Getting those rings back into their proper position would take hours."

"—Alorael, who spells phoenetically. No matter how much his orthography is a wreck, intelligibility rises from the ashes."

"I've never played a Spiderweb game. I didn't even know SW made games until I saw this thread." —Nikki

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:53 AM #10 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Nope it is not able to be equipped either
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:53 AM #11 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Its just a dead end item named as a plain old common book BUT IS UNREADABLE and has ability of RETURNING MISSLE, and is as well ID'ed as MAGICAL
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:02 PM #12 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

That's kinda strange, then. Though, does possessing it make a character's missiles return? For example, if you give it to your nephil. It doesn't strike me as likely, but maybe...

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:32 PM #13 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Good Idea man :D, Ill test that tonight, also if u got Exile 3 you maybe can find it, its in "The Surface Party's" quarters,(where ur party starts out,) its the book on the table
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

The Almighty Doer of Stuff The Almighty Doer of Stuff

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 72
  • 4,402 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:36 PM #14 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

No, it's just Jeff screwing around with us. He does that a lot, giving useless items abilities that don't functionally do anything. You want a snazzy book, look for the Xian Tome!
The unofficial Blades of Exile merchandise shop: No markups, cheap prices, quality printing! Spread the word!

ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 2,577
  • 1,120 posts
  • Locationstuck on my Möbius staircase

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:14 PM #15 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Hi, I'm a talking skull!
Behold! The Drizzle......of DEATH!!!!!! . . . . . . .-visual effect of using powerful spells in Avadon 2 (they're a bit of a letdown compared to their damage)

When they eventually find a piece of ash that they think was you, they bury it with great honor........ -A2CS ending script from portal explosion

Tyranicus Tyranicus

Dollop of Whipped Cream

• Member ID: 4,151
  • 4,536 posts
  • LocationShadowvale

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:48 PM #16 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

View PostRichard Bacon, on 26 May 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

It wont let me post images?
If you upload the image to an image hosting site, like imgur or photobucket.
"There are less fortunate people out there who can't sit in a chatroom and complain about privilege. You should check your privilege-checking privilege." —Dintiradan
BoA Scenario DatabaseSpiderweb Music DatabaseNethergate Graphics RewindAvernum Side Quest ListExile & Avernum for Intel Macs

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:08 AM #17 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Whats the Xian Tome do
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Hand of Avadon

• 1,120 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:48 AM #18 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

http://spiderwebforu...-skull-sayings/

Edit:this one should be it http://spiderwebforu...809-xian-items/
Double edit: I was right. The bottom post of the first link has the info
Behold! The Drizzle......of DEATH!!!!!! . . . . . . .-visual effect of using powerful spells in Avadon 2 (they're a bit of a letdown compared to their damage)

When they eventually find a piece of ash that they think was you, they bury it with great honor........ -A2CS ending script from portal explosion

gem helper gem helper

Crystal Wifes

• Member ID: 13,405
  • 49 posts
  • LocationYES!

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:07 PM #19 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

did the throwing book actually work as designed in E3? i thought that the code for infinite ammunition items was broken until BoE (and sketchy even then)
ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

Lilith Lilith

in before the apocalypse

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 669
  • 19,828 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:23 PM #20 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Returning ammunition in general works, but despite having that property the book isn't actually classified as a missile weapon or a piece of ammunition, so it doesn't do anything.

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:53 AM #21 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

View Postgem helper, on 27 May 2015 - 11:07 PM, said:

did the throwing book actually work as designed in E3? i thought that the code for infinite ammunition items was broken until BoE (and sketchy even then)
If you're talking about the Tome of Missiles, I'm not sure. It was equippable, but I don't think I ever tried actually using it in combat.

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:38 AM #22 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Xian tome isnt in exile III, thats avernmum, xian items refer only to Avernum
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Hand of Avadon

• 1,120 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:05 AM #23 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Not xian tome, tome of missiles.

Heart of Avadon

• 4,402 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:48 AM #24 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Darth Ernie, he was commenting on my bringing up of the Xian items, ignorant of the fact that they are not actually present in the game we are discussing. I never even finished the early Upper Avernum sections in E3 and just incorrectly assumed. :p My apologies.

"Hey! I'm a talking without checking my facts!"
The unofficial Blades of Exile merchandise shop: No markups, cheap prices, quality printing! Spread the word!

Hand of Avadon

• 1,120 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:29 AM #25 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Sorry, I was just following each new post without seeing how it fit with the whole conversation.
Partially due to the mobile interface and partially due to it taking place over several months.

Thaluikhain Thaluikhain

Shaman

• Member ID: 6,345
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:17 PM #26 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

I always assumed that this was a mistake, albeit an interesting and entertaining one so I always made sure to get it, that it should have been a book you could read, but was set up wrong.  Now that I think of it, it's the only one of it's kind, though, whereas multiple copies of normal books are all over.  Wonder what this one said?

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:25 PM #27 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Could celtic check in the coding?
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:09 PM #28 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

Sorry, I don't have code for Exile III, only for Blades of Exile.

Heart of Avadon

• 4,402 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:03 AM #29 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

I'm almost certain that book isn't the only one. Jeff scattered all sort of random crap with useless, unusable abilities throughout the Exile series and other series, because he thought it was funny. That's just one of them, and if you pay attention you may find more, and I'm not talking about Avernum's Xian items. We used to have a list somewhere...

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:49 AM #30 Exile III BOOK ABILITY INFO-RETURNING MISSLE????????

ok, and enough about avernums xian items it has nothing to do with exile please, sorry but people keep mentioning them, yes i know what you mean :p
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users