Pack of mobs -- bug/dialogue error

In Avernum 2, there's a random pack of mobs that are hostile Empire soldiers (rogue mage, archers, etc.) near Patrick's Tower. There is zero dialogue above the two options of 1. Leave or 2. Attack! Upon their defeat, the dialogue option of 1.OK pops up.

Mods, feel free to move this if it's not in the proper place. I wasn't sure where to post bugs, etc. on the forums. :)

Thanks!

MissSea :D

That is a randomly occurring bug that appears from time to time. I don't think it's going to get fixed because it can't be reproduced.

I saw it once and when I reloaded from before encountering them the bug didn't appear during a repeat fight with them. Another player also reported seeing it a few months ago.

Somewhere or the other (I don't recall the specifics), someone tells you about a group of disguised Empire soldiers roaming that part of the Great Cave. If you've had that conversation, then when you encounter this mob, there'll be dialogue about how you recognize them as the Empire gents you heard about. But for some reason, if you haven't had that conversation, then you get the situation you saw, where there is no dialogue.