Ziggurat closed gates and terrace

I read here in a post about a foe that can be found only after Garzhad was killed, he should be on the terrace from where you escaped first time carrying a Crystal Soul. I tried to find him going back after all of the quests were accompplished but I still can't find a way to access the terrace last floor, or the paths that are closed with gates at the entrance.

You can't meet him if you've already rescued the Crystal Soul from Ornotha Ziggurat. To see him you have to kill Garzahd before rescuing that Crystal Soul (which means you have to rescue the other two first, since you need to recover at least two Crystal Souls before you can get Demonslayer, which is needed to fight Garzahd). Then, when you finally get around to rescuing the Crystal Soul from Ornotha Ziggurat and doing the escape sequence, someone different will show up where Garzahd would normally be, since Garzahd can't be there on account of how you killed him already.

Thanks Random, I'm really hoping to get more information on what kind of fight it is, and what extra loot you get for it. Does it add anything to the story/experience? Or is it just there out of necessity, an easy fight with no meaningful loot because you already killed Garzahd?

Thanks Random, I'm really hoping to get more information on what kind of fight it is, and what extra loot you get for it. Does it add anything to the story/experience? Or is it just there out of necessity, an easy fight with no meaningful loot because you already killed Garzahd?

The second thing.

Yeah, if you've played Baldur's Gate and remember Biff the Understudy you can basically think of him as a combat-capable version of that guy. As far as I can see he doesn't show up on the item list but I think he drops a wand or something if you kill him. He's not some Super Secret Hidden Character, he's just a named but otherwise unremarkable Empire mage who fills Garzahd's role at Ornotha Ziggurat if Garzahd is dead.

At last I managed to confront Pliftal, or whatever his name is, I am sorry I did not take note of it. However, he's hard to defeat because of the flames that come nearer after each round passing and could lead to some panic mistakes. The right strategy is to jump here and there with Blink, ensnarl the other foes and hit from a distance. Nice battle.