Empire Archives instructions -spoiler-

In Empire Archives there is a paper describing procedures about the Augmented Teleporter.

It is written: "Find Empire Symbol in cavern (code). Press sword, then crown three times, then sword two, then crown four."

I am now on my third playthrough. In first one I managed to destroy the Empire Portal, even if I did not find the place where to perform the press here and there sequence. Don't know how exactly I did that. On second playthrough I had to give up with the Empire Portal quest as I was not able to reproduce the actions which brought me to destroy the Portal the first time. I am now close to the end of the third playtrhough and to approach the Portal. I still can't find the abovementioned cavern. Where is it, please?

West of the Empire Archives past some guard posts you follow the river west and turn south. Get off your boat on the east shore and go through a hidden passage to the first guard post dungeon. The spot for the ritual is straight ahead when you enter to open a hidden door and happens if you have got the procedure.

I am now on my third playthrough. In first one I managed to destroy the Empire Portal, even if I did not find the place where to perform the press here and there sequence. Don't know how exactly I did that.

It's possible to do it without knowing you've done it. In the original Exile series, you actually had to input the code yourself when you came to the point where you needed it, but in this remake you'll input it automatically if you've learned it.

If you've already passed the first guardpost, then you must have already learned and entered the code successfully and forgotten that you've done it. You can't even enter it without having the code: if you try, you'll receive a message about seeing some buttons and not knowing what to do with them.

This is the first time I entered and passed the first guardpost this playthrough, so the reason why I couldn't destroy the Empire Portal in previous one might be different to the sequence we are talking about. I wonder what could it be. I remember the party switched the controls in related room, then cracked the Portal but couldn't find a way to crack the four pillars surrounding the area. There were instructions I recorded about circumnavigating the area walking on the external path and I did, but nothing happened.