Finally, I've downloaded my copy of Avernum from Steam due to having a really bad internet connection and mostly due to our new house having no proper desks to play serious.

I've made my build and it sucks, no I'm not going to change to casual because it's filthy, and I have a few questions.

Does enemy level scale with me? Or not? I'm guessing it's the latter part because I get swamped by sliths everytime and I found some bats that I can smash to pulp without getting hit. If that's so, does anyone have a guide on what quest order is best to follow for maximum xp gain?

Also, I've tried remaking my party from Darkest Dungeon, which consisted of a tank/damage, ranged damage, sorcerer, priest and now I end up reloading everytime my tank/damage I misses a hit. I just realized being a tank sacrifices your hit % because of all the trash armor you have to wear, so it seems that multi-classing is not a really good option.

Plus, now I realized that not everything you find that's better in value than your current should be replaced, like leather greaves < leather pants. Leather greaves give you 4% armor and 1% chance to evade attacks but have a 5% chance to miss wherein leather pants give you 3% armor without any stat penalties.

That's all for now I think, it's a pretty good game where you can't always have the fun of exploring because everything will try to kill you, sell prices are ridiculous, junk bags, talking spiders, where dragons are real dragons, some humor and finally damn the doors.

Yeah, that's a good call on the greaves. Skip them until you find some magic ones; in general, skip any equipment that has a hit penalty except for chest armor and maybe a shield for your priest. Your tank's hit % will get much better as long as you keep raising Strength. Later in the game he can do a lot of damage, especially if you have him dual-wield.

It can be hard to figure out where to go and what to do for your level in AEFTP. If you're stuck, check out the second link in my signature for a handy guide, spoilers kept to a minimum.

It can be hard to figure out where to go and what to do for your level in AEFTP. If you're stuck, check out the second link in my signature for a handy guide, spoilers kept to a minimum.

Yes I've checked around the forums and now I've got some useful infos around like what are best to invest in and etc.

And your signature seems pretty handy, thanks :3