Nexusmods page?

gameboytj

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the problem with this idea.

For it to gain any use, you would need a lot of scenarios on this website. As BoA is effectively dead, that would mean uploading scenarios already written. For that, you'd need to get all those authors to create accounts, upload their scenario, and deal with all the ilk that comes with that. Barring that, you'd have to obtain permission from those authors to reupload their content. Seeing as how many of them are no longer around, good luck with that (and even if you did contact them, who's to say they'd be willing to let it get hosted on some random site, especially when there's already a central location where scenarios are hosted?). I for one wouldn't let my scenarios be hosted on some site for some random company to make ad dollars off of (as well as opening it up to loads of abuse, plagiarism, etc).

And why the hell would you need a mod manager to install BoA scenarios? I could see it being reasonable if there were conflicts and dependencies, but that's not the case in Blades.

Edited by sylae
we already have a review system and a dowload system, and best of all they aren't infested with people who use naked mods for skyrim

Edited by sylae, 04 May 2015 - 12:14 PM.

we already have a review system and a dowload system, and best of all they aren't infested with people who use naked mods for skyrim

http://www.urbandict...=Shameless Plug

As long as no author's copyrights are being infringed, it's okay for people to use a system other than the one you made.

We had a few members mention that this is a good idea, and lord knows BoA could use the activity, but I agree it would probably have to be mostly, if not all, new content and I don't really see that happening. (although I would certainly be happy if it did)

• 2 weeks later...

I do pay attention when people mention that they played something of mine. Part of the reason that I'm still considering finishing the Slith Homeland trilogy is that people occasionally write to me about playing Bahs or Exodus. (I recently had a fun and rather lengthy conversation about the hints about the plot of Homeland buried in Bahs, Exodus, and The Magic. This was maybe the most motivation I've had in the last eight years to finish the trilogy.)

So it really does make a difference if you post and mention that you've played something recently, especially if there was something you liked.

istr one of the ideas he was tossing around at one point was that Homeland would be played with a fresh level-1 party and the Bahss/Exodus party would show up as a semi-antagonistic force

...it would be nice if that sort of thing could be literally implemented, somehow...

The Magic answers this question.

The Bahs/Exodus party dies in a scene that takes place between Exodus and Homeland. There is a flashback to it in The Magic. Hence, the Homeland party is a new party.

While I think that it's a good thing to start fresh...

...I don't suppose we get to find some of their stuff? :huh:

Edited by Jerakeen
jk

• 2 years later...

Sorry to necro (and yes i had to make a new account i got locked out of my old one)

If a nexus page was made, and had enough content it might draw attention and people might be inclined to buy it and probably see the other games as well.

Yes old creators won't come back, but new authors could draw inspiration from them.

Edit: I heard BOA did not sell well and almost killed the company, but if i could draw attention for it, people might want to buy it and make it have better sales.

Edited by TJ Hedgescout