On the Mac, when you click on an item to pick it up if you hold the command key down it will put it in the junk bag instead of in the character's inventory. I suspect that in the windows version it is the ctrl key that does it. If you go into a character's inventory screen and open the junk bag, text will appear under their quick use items that says how to put items in the junk bag.

Right, it's ctrl-click on Windows.

To open your junk bag when not selling stuff, type 'i' or 'g' to open your inventory. Look above the area labelled "Your Pack" and you'll see a bar labelled "Open Junk Bag". Click that, and then you can select items to remove from the bag, or manually add items to it, if you like.

You can click "Close Junk Bag" when you're done, or just exit the inventory screen the usual way.

• 1 month later...

I may have uncovered a bug related to the junk bag. I opted to "sell everything in bag" and ended up

with 0 coins and nothing in the bag. The autosave idea is validated once again - the "adventurer save

frequently" dictum never occurs to me in a shop.

The junk bag was quite full, so I thought perhaps there were too many items in it. I emptied out a

character's inventory and started moving 35 items from junk bag to inventory and successfuly

selling those. I did this a total of 3 times (105 items) and then tried "sell everything in the junk

bag" again. This time it worked, but I discovered that the game appears to have a cap at 30K coins.

The autosave idea is validated - oh, I already mentioned that.

I noticed that the last "sell all" was worth 29K+ coins before I was capped at 30K. So, I have an alternate

conjecture regarding the original 0 coins issue. Perhaps if the value in the junk bag is >30K, you

end up with 0.

You're pretty close: the magic number is 32767. The amount of cash you have is stored in a way that that's the largest positive number it can accept, so if you have more than that at any one time it wraps back around to negative numbers, at which point the game is at least bright enough to realise that it doesn't make sense to have a negative number of coins and reset it back to 0. The reason for having the 30000 cap in the first place is to protect you from that, but evidently it's possible to defeat that protection if you sell a very large amount of stuff at once.