Thank You to All Who Helped

I finished the game. Certainly this is the longest Avernum game I can recall. Great value for sure.

Still I have one issue: I play on normal. I don't even try a harder setting. But...I don't understand how I can play through an entire game on normal relatively easily and get so massacred in two battles at the end that I have to go to casual. The arena killed me as did Garzhad. Other than that I had a lot of fun.

Would love to know what I have been doing wrong in this game. I used the 4 characters that were already built.

Anyway, that you all who helped me when I was lost.

See you at Avernum 3 redo.

Snot

I finished the game. Certainly this is the longest Avernum game I can recall. Great value for sure.

Still I have one issue: I play on normal. I don't even try a harder setting. But...I don't understand how I can play through an entire game on normal relatively easily and get so massacred in two battles at the end that I have to go to casual. The arena killed me as did Garzhad. Other than that I had a lot of fun.

Would love to know what I have been doing wrong in this game. I used the 4 characters that were already built.

Anyway, that you all who helped me when I was lost.

See you at Avernum 3 redo.

Snot

I feel you. I'm playing Torment more out of spite than enjoyment at this point. It might be time to just lower the difficulty.

Jeff really dropped the ball on lowering the hit rate, imo. There is a reason games like World of Warcraft have totally abandoned hit rating for a flat level rate--- it sucks when you have an 87% chance of hitting something but miss three times in a row.

I'm still playing though, so clearly Jeff got more than a few things right!